Chapter 14

Kol was draining the life out of some blonde bimbo he found on the street, he let the body drop as he silently cursed. Klaus practically threatened him that if he didn't follow the little witch, he would end up in a box. His niece led him to the last place he suspected, New Orleans. He watched her and her blonde friend Caroline get out of the car and go into the old Mikaelson family home.

He pursed his lips together as his eyebrows furrowed when suddenly his vampire hearing pick up on a girl screaming. Kol was gonna ignore it but the sound just kept ringing in his ears. He vamp sped to where the sound was coming from to see a brunette teenage girl and some woman using magic on her. Kol vamp sped over and snapped the woman's neck.

The brunette teenager looked up at him in shock. Still shaken up from what transpired mere seconds ago.

"Thank you." She whispered out as she slowly stood up, grabbing the Beethoven vinyl record that fell to the floor amidst the chaos.

"Don't mention it, Darling." Kol said as he paused looking the girl over. She was beautiful, she had long brown hair and pretty blue eyes. She wore a white dress with some brown flats. 

"I'm Kol Mikaelson." Kol told the girl as he outstretched his hand to her. The young girl hesitated for a second before grabbing it.

"Davina Claire." Davina introduced herself shaking his hand. She let it drop before running her hands through her hair.

"Davina Claire? Ah, you are a New Orleans witch. I knew a Claire back in the 1900s. They are a powerful bunch." Kol paused before his eyebrows scrunched together as a thought crossed his mind. "If you are a witch, then why was that witch trying to hurt you? New Orleans witches are loyal to their coven."

"That's a long story." Davina muttered as she stared down at the floor biting her lip.

"I have the time. You can tell me over a bite to eat darling."

"Okay, I think I know a place. Follow me."

********************************************

Caroline had tried on what felt like ten dresses and none of them felt right to her. She ended up getting a red off-the-shoulder dress, it was cute. Jasmine picked out a black mesh dress. They still had a long way to go before the party tonight, and they decided to stop for lunch at Rousseau's.

Jasmine took a bite of her cheeseburger almost choking on it as she saw her uncle Kol walking in with a brunette girl next to him. She reached over grasping Caroline's hand as she quickly uttered a cloaking spell.

Caroline looked at her confused. "What's wrong?"

"My uncle just walked in. I should have known Klaus wouldn't just let me leave." Jasmine spat out as she pointed at Kol. Caroline followed where she was pointing before shaking her head.

"Do you think he saw us?" Caroline asked as she turned to look back at Jasmine.

"I hope not. We should get back to the compound." Jasmine said as she stood and grabbed their bags before vampspeeding out of there.

Jasmine let out a groan seeing Diego sitting on her bed and drinking her blood bag. She vamp sped snatching it from him.

"That's mine. You are just wasting it, I know you preferred to drink from the vein." Jasmine uttered as she rolled her eyes with a smile before pulling him into a hug. She pulled back to introduce him to Caroline.

"Uncle Diego, this is Caroline." Jasmine said as she smiled over at Caroline before sitting on the bed.

"Your girlfriend, yeah Marcel told me about her. I'm Diego" Diego introduced himself as he stretched his hand out to Caroline who quickly shook it.