Chapter 11

Jasmine didn't want to wait till tomorrow. She convinced Elijah to come with her to the Gilbert house tonight to rescue Klaus. Elijah had asked her to let him handle the talking, Jasmine reluctantly agreed despite the strong urge to attack both Salvatores. They were currently in the Gilbert's living room. Stefan was shocked to see her alive.

"I saw Alaric drive the white oak stake into your heart. You should be dead." Stefan told her as he sat down at the kitchen table, with Elena next to him and Matt standing behind them. Elijah was sitting next to Jasmine across from them at the table.

"Yeah, well I'm not Stefan. I can't die, I'm a tribrid, I guess that means I'm truly immortal." Jasmine told them with a smirk on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest glaring at him. Elijah took the opportunity to speak before anything else could be said.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon is in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth. And Alaric will follow us"

"And you'll just... Run?" Stefan asked him. He didn't believe Elijah for a second. But if Elena decides to make a deal with Elijah, he would respect it.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half-century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

"We finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back" Elena said looking at him. She still trusted Elijah despite everything.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners" Elijah told her.

Jasmine looked at him in shock. She had hoped he was joking.

"That's your plan Elijah? To keep him desiccated?" Jasmine asked him, Elijah didn't even turn to look at her. Jasmine signed she knew she was gonna have to take matters into her own hand.  She vamp sped over to Stefan throwing him against the wall before thrusting her hand into his chest.

"Jasmine!" Elena screamed out as she stood horrified at the scene in front of her.

"Let me make this easy for you Elena. You tell me where my father is or I'll kill Stefan then I'll go after Damon and hell maybe I might even go after Jeremy." Jasmine glared at her as she twisted her hand around Stefan's heart who screamed in agony at the movement.

"Jasmine stop. I told you to allow me to handle it." Elijah said standing up and stepping closer to her. The young girl was starting to remind Elijah of her father, and he did not like it.

"You want to leave my father in a box for a century! I won't let that happen Elijah. I spent months trying to get to know my dad, I won't let you take him away from me." Jasmine told Elijah before turning to Elena. "What's it gonna be Elena? Hell, maybe I'll bite him then you will be forced to revive Klaus for the cure."

Elena shook her head. Stefan looked at her. "Don't tell her, Elena I'll be fine."

"No Stefan, I can't lose any more people." Elena said before looking at Jasmine. "Alaric is at the warehouse off route twelve. You will find his body in unit twenty-two, Damon dropped him off two hours ago."

Jasmine smiled at her before letting go of Stefan's heart and grabbing one of the dish rags from the counter to wipe the blood off her hands. "See Elena that wasn't so bad. Now Stefan gets to live." She looked at Stefan before glancing at Elijah and vamp speeding off.

Elijah followed shortly after, he called Rebekah to let her know where Klaus was and to meet him there.

But when they arrived Alaric was there, before the trio could do anything Alaric staked him.