Chapter 5

Jasmine and Elijah made their way back out to the ball. Elijah walked over to the staircase to call for a toast.

"Uh, if everyone could gather please." Elijah started to say. His family joined him on the stairs before he continued. "Welcome. Thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Elijah finished before making his way toward the ballroom. Jasmine looked around as everyone started to find a partner and have gone to the ballroom. She spotted Stefan leaning against the wall glaring at Damon who asked Elena to dance, who said yes.

She made her way over to Stefan.

"You know frowning causes wrinkles?" Jasmine teased Stefan who rolled his eyes at her. He didn't say anything so Jasmine continue talking.

"It must suck to know that your brother is in love with your girlfriend. I'm kinda in a similar boat." Jasmine started to say. She was, she saw the way Klaus looks at Caroline, and she knew  Caroline felt something for Klaus. Which hurt a lot. She was starting to develop feelings for the blonde, feelings she didn't want to deal with. She didn't come to mystic falls to find love, she came to find her family. She did her best to ignore those feelings.

"What do you want Jasmine?" Stefan asked turning to look at her. They weren't friends but they didn't hate each other. They just haven't had time to talk and get to know each other.

"World Peace, and everyone to get along" Jasmine half joked but got serious. "Would you like to dance Stefan Salvatore?" She asked him with a smile.

He took a second to look at her. Stefan couldn't deny she looked beautiful. He pushed off of the wall before holding his arm out to her which she gladly took. They made their way to the dance floor. She looked over at Caroline and smiled at her. Caroline returned the smile with a little wave.

The music started to play, Jasmine noticed the song as give me love by Ed Sheeran. Jasmine grasped Stefan's hand in hers as he rested his hands around her waist as they started to dance.

"I didn't know you were such a great dancer, Mr.Salvatore." Jasmine commented as they continued to waltz.

"Well when you been around for over a hundred years, you pick up a thing or two" he smiled at her. Before continuing to speak "You aren't such a bad dancer yourself."

"Are you complimenting me? Why thank you. I took dance classes when I was ten. Glad to see they paid off" Jasmine said smiling at him as they continued to dance. Stefan spun her around as she ended up in Caroline's arms. Jasmine's breath hitched as she grabbed Caroline's hand who put her hands around her waist.

Caroline smiled at her as they started dancing.

"So you and Stefan? I think he would be good for you. Elena seems to be in love with Damon, so I don't think she would mind." Caroline told her. Jasmine let out a soft chuckle if only Caroline knew.

"So are you and Klaus a thing?" She didn't mean for it to come out sounding bitter but it did. Caroline shook her as they continued to dance.

"No, Klaus has a thing for me but I'm with Tyler. Who isn't here because of Klaus."

"I'm sorry. Let's change the subject to something more heartening, Like how stunning you look in that dress"

"Thank you, I didn't have time to shop. Klaus gave me it." At the mention of that Jasmine's face got a jealous look on it but she quickly cover it up with a smile.

"That was nice of him." She forced herself to say.

"I guess. You look beautiful as well. I've never seen you wear your hair down before, it's normally in a braid or bun. I think I like it better down" Caroline told her as she reached up tugging on one of the curls. Jasmine made a mental note to wear it down more.

"Yeah, I think I will start wearing it down more." She smiled at her as they continued to dance. After a minute the dance ended.

"Come on, let's go get a drink." Caroline told her tugging Jasmine behind her. They went outside for more privacy to talk and saw a horse. Jasmine started to pet it."It's so pretty." She said in awe.

"It is pretty" Caroline said but she wasn't looking at the horse, Jasmine didn't notice her staring at her.

Caroline coughed getting her attention from the horse. Jasmine looked up at her waiting for her to speak.

"What you told Elena at the grill about Klaus. You said you would stop her if she goes after him." Caroline started to say. Jasmine let out a signed but nodded.

"I did and I meant it. I won't let no one hurt him Caroline or the other originals." Jasmine told her. She wouldn't let Elena hurt her dad or her aunt or uncles. She knew that put Caroline and her on opposite teams.

"It's because you are in love with Klaus huh?" Jasmine looked disgusting at what she said. She was pretty sure she was about to throw up.

"No, that's not it. Oh god, that's not it at all Caroline."

"Then why are you trying to protect Him? Or the others. They aren't good people Jasmine. They have hurt so many people. Klaus killed Elena's aunt, and Rebekah tried to kill Elena. Klaus even killed Elena at one point, if it wasn't for John Gilbert, Elena would be a vampire. I just don't understand why you would try to protect them. They are monsters" Caroline said crossing her arms around her chest slightly glaring at her.

"I know they aren't innocent Caroline. But..." Jasmine wanted to say they were her family but stopped herself before she did.  "But neither is any vampire. I'm sure you killed before. Stefan has and we all know Damon is a monster. So how are any of us better than the mikaelson's? We aren't perfect, and neither are they."

"Damon is a monster," Caroline whispered out as she went to pet the horse. Jasmine looked at her curiously

"What did he do?" Jasmuwhispered to her. Caroline signed, she didn't turn to look at her and just kept petting the horse.

"When he first came to town, he compelled me to be his blood bag. He fed on me and..." Caroline trailed off. She didn't need to finish, Jasmine knew what she was hinting at and she was feeling murderous. Jasmine set her hand on Caroline's as Caroline looked over at her. Jasmine could see a few tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Caroline. You didn't deserve that." Jasmine softly said as she reached up wiping the tear that fell from her eyes and slid down her cheek. They were interrupted by Klaus.

"Do you like horses?" He started to say as he moved closer to the girls. Jasmine glared at him. He noticed Caroline looking upset. "Are you okay Caroline?"

"I'm fine and yes I like horses. I also like people and they actually like me, so I'll be inside." Caroline said as she took one last look at Jasmine before leaving. Klaus glared at Jasmine.

"What did you do to her?"

She looked at him returning his glare. "I didn't do anything, Klaus. But I got a question for you though. Do you really think buying her stuff is gonna get her to fall in love with you?"

"Caroline obviously doesn't mind. She's wearing the bracelet I gave her for her birthday. You know Elijah told me about you. He said he caught you playing piano in his room and it got me thinking I don't really know much about you Jasmine, let's change that." Klaus told her as she moved to pet the horse.

"You want to get to know each other?" Jasmine laughed out. Before continuing. "Okay Klaus, tomorrow we can meet at the grill around noon. We can get to know each other there." Jasmine told him as she made her way inside.