Chapter 12

Jasmine groaned as she felt someone hit her repeatedly with a pillow. She rolled over on her right side as she tried to pull the blanket over her face but a hand reached out to stop her.

"I've been hitting you with a pillow for ten minutes now. Don't make me get a bucket of water. We have school, and then pageant training. Get up!" a voice told her yanking the blanket off of her completely.

Jasmine groaned as she sat up in bed. She reached for her phone and saw three missed calls from Marcel. It was the usual voicemails, telling her to call him. she's still been using Diego to relay messages for her to him. She will eventually have to call him back before he gets his witch to break through her cloaking spell. She doubted a witch could break through though, her magic is too powerful for that to happen which is why Jasmine isn't too worried about it.

The blonde who rudely woke her up was currently going through her clothes trying to find an outfit for her.

"You know I can dress myself, Caroline." Jasmine told her as she fought a smile, and stood up making her way over to the dresser.

"I know, but had you woken up ten minutes ago I would have let you pick the outfit. Consider this payback. Here put this on." Caroline told her as she held out a black and grey striped long sleeve with some black jeans. Jasmine grabbed them before making her way to the bathroom. She quickly threw them on before walking back out and sitting on the bed to put her black boots on. Caroline threw her backpack at her.

"Hey, why didn't you tell me Klaus was alive?" Caroline started to say as she started going through Jasmine's jewelry box. Jasmine walked over towards her before pulling out a rose gold bracelet and putting it on.

"You mean you didn't see him on the couch last night?" Jasmine told her with sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"I did, but I mean before that. I guess I should have expected it. Klaus always finds a way to survive. Klaus is like a cockroach the man won't stay gone."

Jasmine laughed as she nodded. "Very accurate. I guess I don't have to worry about him dying any time soon."

"You worry about that?" Caroline asked her as she moved to sit on the bed.

"I worry about a lot of things. But yeah sometimes. I know they are immortal but still. I'm just glad the chaos is calming down." Jasmine said as she moved to sit next to her, she grabbed Caroline's wrist before putting on a bracelet that matched the one Jasmine is currently wearing. Caroline looked at it. It was beautiful, it was heart-shaped with little diamonds to make the heart.

"I got you this, a long time ago. I forgot to give it to you with everything going on. I got us matching ones, I'm cheesy like that." Jasmine said as she smiled at Caroline.

"I love it, thank you. It's very pretty." Caroline told her as her phone started to buzz. Jasmine could see the message, it was from Tyler. It was Something about him being attacked.
Caroline quickly stood up after reading the message, she rushed to get her bag.

"I've got to go, Tyler is hurt. He's at the Salvatore house." Caroline rushed out to say, as Jasmine nodded standing up.

"I'm coming with you. Whatever hurt Tyler could still be out there, I don't want it hurting you too." Caroline just nodded at her as they both rushed to the Salvatore's house.

When they entered they saw Stefan pulling out a wooden bullet from Tyler Lockwood's chest. He inspected it, there looked to be a carving on the bullet.

Caroline rushed over to Tyler pulling him into a hug. "Are you okay?" She asked him pulling back to look him over.

"I'm fine. But this guy knew what he was doing. His gloves must have been steeped in vervain. He was looking for a vampire and he didn't hesitate for one second when he found one." Tyler told her as he slowly stood up glaring at Jasmine.