Chapter 3

It's been a few days since Caroline's birthday. Jasmine was at home working on her math homework when a knock disturbed her.

She let out a long heavy sigh as she moved to open the door. Caroline Forbes looked to be in tears as she stood outside Jasmine's door.

"Are you okay? What happened? Come in Caroline." Jasmine rushed out as she led Caroline inside. She moved her homework off the couch as she motioned for Caroline to sit down.

"I'm sorry I didn't know where else to go. Bonnie is visiting her mom, and Elena has enough problems I don't want to add to it." Caroline started to say. Jasmine moved to sit next to her pulling her into a hug.

"Tell me what happened Caroline? What's wrong?" Jasmine asked pulling back to reach over to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"My dad.... He died with vampire blood in his system. He's in transition but he doesn't want to complete it" Caroline told her in tears.

"I'm so sorry Caroline." Jasmine said as she tried to comfort the girl. She couldn't imagine what she was going through.

"I.. I think I'm gonna force him to complete it." Caroline whispered to her as she looked up at her sadly.

"Caroline, you can't force him to transition. I know that you don't want to live without him, but forcing him into this life isn't right. He will just end up resenting you for it" Jasmine gently told her. She knew Caroline just wanted her dad, but forcing him to be a vampire just wasn't right.

"I can't just let my father die. When he first found out I was a vampire he tortured me, he was trying to fix me. I hated him so much for what he did to me. So much. But Now all I want to do is save his life."

"That makes sense Caroline. He's your father." Jasmine started to say as she bit her lip. She had to be careful with what she said next. She didn't want to upset Caroline even more.
"I think you should go see your dad. Talk to him, say your peace, Caroline. It's his choice to complete the transition, you have to respect it." Jasmine said softly. Caroline nodded as she started crying again. Jasmine pulled her into her arms and just held her there.

Caroline left fifteenth minutes later. Jasmine offered to go with her to see her dad, but Caroline said she had to do this alone.

During the night she received a call from Caroline saying her dad died. Jasmine didn't want her to be alone, she knew Caroline's mother had to work despite wanting to be there for her daughter. The sacrifices Liz had to make for being the sheriff. Jasmine grabbed a bag she had made for Caroline. It had some tissues, chocolate, and the friends set DVD.

Jasmine knocked on the door of Caroline's house. But no one answered. Jasmine bit her lip contemplating if she should go in or not. With a heavy sigh, she opened the door and walked in.
She made her way to where she knew Caroline's room was. Upon entering the room she saw Caroline crying into her pillow. She looked at her sadly. She walked over to sit on the bed and ran her hands through Caroline's hair.

"I'm so sorry Caroline." Jasmine whispered to her. Caroline threw herself in her arms crying. Jasmine just held her as she cried.

When Caroline pulled back, Jasmine handed her a tissue to wipe her tears.

"Do you mind staying the night? I.. I don't want to be alone" Caroline asked her throwing the tissue into a tiny trash can by her bed.

"Of course Caroline. I'll stay as long as you like." Jasmine told her.

The girls ended up falling asleep around midnight. When Jasmine woke up, Caroline was snuggled in her arms. She pressed a kiss to her head signing as she heard her phone ring.
She reached over on the nightstand and picked it up and saw it was her dad. She took one last look at Caroline before leaving.

She answered her phone as she started the drive home.

"Hi Dad, what's up?"

"Hey, I'm just calling to check on you. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, I think I settled on a college. They have a nice dorm, I didn't even have to compell my way in" Jasmine joked. Truth was, she never even looked at colleges but she needed her dad to believe her. He was starting to get suspicious. She felt a witch trying to breakthrough the cloaking spell that she put on herself just last week.

"Yeah, where was this college again?" Marcel asked her. He knew his daughter. He could feel she was hiding something, he just didn't know what or why.

"California. You know how much I love the beach. Hey, I got to go. I have a thing" Jasmine quickly lied as she ignored his protests and hang up the phone. When she pulled into her apartment complex. She could see a letter at the door. She opened it as soon as she got inside. It was an invitation to the Mikaelson ball.