Chapter 4

Jasmine was sitting with Elena and Caroline at the grill. She was picking at her cheeseburger, she wasn't really in the mood to eat but Elena and Caroline invited her out for lunch. Jasmine was in such deep thought she hadn't been paying attention to Elena and Caroline's conversation.

Jasmine was nervous about the ball. She met Klaus and Rebekah both briefly, and she was looking forward to getting to know them a bit more at the ball. There was also Elijah, Kol, and Finn that she was gonna meet at the ball tonight, along with Klaus's mother Esther.  She didn't have a plan to get Klaus to trust her, but she didn't care. She was just happy to be around her family.

"It's all so weird. The originals are throwing a ball like an actual ball" Elena told Caroline as she swirls her straw around her drink before taking a sip of her soda.

"It's some twisted Cinderella fetish is what it is. And why does the evil witch want an audience with you?" Caroline said to Elena.

Jasmine laughed as she took a sip of her drink.

"Maybe they just like throwing balls. I've never been to one before, I actually look forward to going tonight." Jasmine told the girls as she took one of the fries off her plate and ate it.

"If you're going tonight, Do you think you could be my drama-free bodyguard? I would ask Stefan or Damon but it's just not a good idea." Elena asked her as Jasmine nodded.

"Why because you and Damon made out?" Caroline said looking at Elena. She was still a little upset that Elena didn't tell her, she only knew because Bonnie spilled the beans.

"You and Damon made out? Eww." Jasmine said. She liked Stefan better than Damon. Mostly because Damon was an asshole.

"I was gonna tell you both but It's just I... I don't even know how I feel about it yet. All I do know is that... it just used to be so much easier"

Caroline and Jasmine both reached out to pat her hand.

"It's okay Elena, although I'm rooting for team Elena and Stefan." Jasmine said with a smile before pausing before continuing. "I'll be your date tonight to the ball."

"Thank you, Jasmine. I can pick you up at around eight?" Elena said as she noticed Rebekah walk in. Elena glared at Rebekah.

"You aren't going to the ball by yourself, I'll go with you and Elena." Caroline told Jasmine as Rebekah approached their table.

"Careful, Caroline. It's all well and good till she stabs you in the back" Rebekah told her glaring at Elena.

"Wait, what do you mean stab you in the back?" Jasmine asked as she glanced over at her.

"Elena here pretended to be my friend and then literally stabbed me in the back with a dagger," Rebekah told her.

Jasmine remembered hearing from Marcel about daggers and originals. Klaus would often dagger his siblings if they annoyed him. Jasmine made a mental note to find the daggers and hide them. There will be no more dagging each other in this family if she had anything to say about it.

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals" Elena told Rebekah, ignoring the glare from Jasmine.

"Get over yourself, Elena. It's not all about you" Rebekah said walking over to Matt with an invitation to the ball.

"You daggered her Elena? What the hell is wrong with you?" Jasmine said glaring at her. Elena returned the glare.

"Rebekah isn't some innocent person Jasmine. She tried to kill me last night."