Chapter 2

As soon as school ended the next day, Jasmine followed Caroline home in her car. She pulled her black SUV to a stop and parked it behind Caroline's car.

Caroline walked into the house, unfortunately for Jasmine, she was stuck outside. Caroline having noticed that Jasmine hadn't followed her in walked back over to the door where the Tribrid was currently stuck on the other side.

"Aren't you coming?" Caroline asked as she leaned against the door with her arms crossed and a smile on her face.

"You know." Jasmine simply stated as she looked at the blonde vampire.

"What? That you are a vampire? Yeah, I do. I saw you in the office compelling your way into the school."

"You are a vampire as well, and so is your friend Stefan. What's the big deal?"

"The vampire part isn't what concerns me, it's what you want with Rebekah that does."

"I didn't know you cared about Rebekah." Jasmine started to say before Caroline interrupted her.

"I don't. I'm just merely curious. What do you want with Rebekah?"

"I'm not gonna hurt her Caroline, or anyone for that matter. I'm just trying to finish out the school year, so I can go to college. You don't have to be worried about me." Jasmine told her. She was getting used to only telling people half-truths. She wasn't planning on hurting anyone while she was in mystic falls.

"Aren't you gonna invite me in Caroline?" Jasmine said after a moment of silence. Caroline shook her head.

"My mom is not home, she's the only one that can invite you in."

Jasmine signed as she made her way back over to her car to leave. Caroline quickly followed her, stopping her from leaving.

"Look, the cheerleader thing was a lie. I was just curious about what you were doing here, and I still am. How about we go to the grill? We can get to know each other more there." Caroline suggested to her. She wanted to make sure the young vampire wasn't a threat.

"Fine, but you are driving," Jasmine said throwing her the keys and getting in the front seat of her car.

The ride to the grill was silent, neither of the girls really knew what to say to the other. When they arrived at the grill, they were quickly seated and handed menus.

"So why are you actually in town and what does Rebekah have to do with it? I don't buy that bullcrap about school. So start talking" Caroline demanded as she waited for the waiter to come and take their orders.

"I can't tell you the whole truth, Caroline. But I am in town for Rebekah. She and I have a mutual friend in common. I just want to be her friend." Jasmine said as the waiter finally came. Which she noticed as Matt Donovan from school. She order a cheeseburger with a peanut butter blast, with whipped cream on the bottom. Caroline order the same except she got a strawberry milkshake instead.

"Rebekah doesn't do friends. She's a bitch. Are you going to homecoming next week?" Caroline asked changing the subject as their food arrived.

Jasmine didn't think about that. She had never been to a school dance, so maybe she should go.

"Maybe, I don't think I have a dress to wear."

"We can go shopping! I can find you a dress to wear for homecoming." Caroline told her excitedly. Jasmine had agreed to go shopping with her on Friday for a dress.

It was quiet for a couple of minutes before Caroline started asking her a billion of questions.

"So how did you turn?" Caroline asked as she drank some of her milkshake, impatiently waiting for Jasmine to answer.