Chapter 4: A Short Chat

Once V got home, it was almost dark out. He could see Swan laying in her bed, fast asleep. As he started to open the door, he heard someone call his name. It sounded like the call came from above. Then he saw something on the roof of his house. It looked like a person. "Hey! Up here!", the person shouted. V recognized the voice, but he couldn't recall where he heard it. The setting sun was blinding him, so he shielded his eyes. When he saw who was sitting on his roof, he was shocked. It was Jungkook. "What are you doing here?!", V shouted at him, trying to keep his voice down. "Come up here! I wanna tell you something!", Jungkook said, motioning for V to come closer. V rolled his eyes and looked around for a way to get to the roof. Then he saw a tree. The branches made a perfect path to the roof.

V climbed up the tree and carefully walked onto the roof. The roof was flat, so it wasn't too difficult to find his balance. Once he was on the roof, he walked over to Jungkook and sat down next to him. "What are you doing here?", V asked quietly. Jungkook stayed quiet for a moment, then he spoke. "I just wanted to say..." He turned to the side and wrapped his arms around V. "...thank you so much for everything you did!" V quickly pushed him away. "Agh! W-what are you doing?!" "I'm thanking you! That's why I'm here." "B-but you're not supposed to be here!" "I know. That's why I came here at night! Also, why won't you let me hug you?" "Because I hate the Northern Kingdom!!", V shouted angrily. Jungkook just stared at him. "...oh. I'm sorry." Jungkook could tell that V was angry, but he couldn't figure out why. Then he saw the writing on his face. The writing said "THE SHADOW LIKE ME". Jungkook wondered where the writing came from. "...what happened to your face?", he asked. V clasped his hand over his right cheek. "...I...I don't want to talk about it..." "I understand. You don't have to tell me." V took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean to overreact. I just...I don't really like Northerners, no offense." "It's fine! Honestly, I don't think anyone here likes Northerners." V laughed at bit, and Jungkook laughed with him. "Yeah, I guess that's true!", V said, still laughing. Jungkook was glad to see V smile. "You know, we could do this more often.", Jungkook said. V looked over at him. "What do you mean?" "We could chat like this every night! I can sneak out of the Northern Kingdom and come here!" "Hmm...that's a pretty good idea! I think it'll work!" Jungkook smiled. Then he looked up at the sky. It was almost dawn. "I think I should get going now." Jungkook started climbing down the tree, and V followed close behind him. Once they were down, they faced each other. "It was nice chatting with you, V.", Jungkook said with a smile, "See you tomorrow!" "Bye, Jungkook!", V said. And with that, Jungkook ran towards the Northern Kingdom. He was a very fast runner, and was out of sight within a few minutes.

V smiled. He never knew that a Northerner would be so kind to him. He was feeling very tired, so he went inside his house and laid down on his bed. He thought about Jungkook the entire night and wondered what they would talk about next time.