Chapter 5: Another Short Chat

V woke up the next morning to Swan calling his name. He opened his eyes and saw her sitting up in her bed. "Brother? Are you awake now?" V got out of his bed and walked over to her. "Yeah, I'm up now. What's wrong?" "You've been sleeping for a while now. It's time to take a walk." V looked out the window. It was very bright outside. "Ack! I must've overslept!", he thought to himself. "Oh! Sorry to keep you waiting, let's go now." Then he took Swan's hand and led her outside. They went on a long walk in the bright sun.

Several Hours Later...

It was starting to get dark out. V had already taken Swan on a walk, and he brought her back home and put her in her bed. He was sitting on the roof, waiting for Jungkook. Then he saw someone walking to his house. It was Jungkook. He ran to the tree, quickly climbed it, and landed safely on the roof. He sat down next to V. "Hey there, V!" "Hey Jungkook! You're right on time! How's it going?" "I'm good! I almost got caught on the way here, but I managed to get here safely. How about you?" "I'm fine, *yawn*, just a bit tired. I think our little chat last night went on a bit TOO long, haha!" "Haha! Sorry 'bout that!" "It's fine! How are things over in the Northern Kingdom?" "Everything's great! How about here?" "It's pretty good down here too! By the way, I have a question." "What is it?" "How much are we going to hang out with each other?" "Hmm...I was thinking we could meet up here every night! What do you think?" "...that sounds good to me! Also, why do you want to hang out with me in the first place?" Jungkook smiled. "I just want to be friends! No need to be so uptight!", he said as he nudged V with his elbow. V smiled a bit. "Yeah, I guess I'm being a bit too tense." "Um, ya think? You almost pushed me off the roof last time I tried to hug you!" They both laughed at Jungkook's comment. V didn't like the Northern Kingdom, or the people in it, but Jungkook was different. He was much kinder than the other Northerners, and he was also very funny. "So, didn't you say that you were tired?", Jungkook asked. "Yeah, why?", V asked. "I think I'm gonna go home early this time, so you can sleep better!" V smiled. "Thanks, Jungkook! You can go home now." "Okay! By the way, how much do you trust me?" "Uh...a little bit. Why do you-" "Good! Let's go!" Suddenly, Jungkook grabbed V's hand and slid off the roof with V close behind him. V felt as if the world had slowed down for a second, then he landed on his two feet. "Woo! That was fun! What did you think?" V was shaken, but, to his own surprise, unharmed. "...that...was...so much fun!!" "I know right? Talk about a rush! Well, I'm gonna head back now. See ya tomorrow!" "Bye, Jungkook! See ya!"

As Jungkook ran back to his kingdom, V looked down at the hand Jungkook grabbed. After they jumped off the roof together, he felt like he trusted Jungkook a bit more. He walked inside and laid down on his bed, wondering what him and Jungkook would talk about the next day.