Thirty-seven

"How is this possible? Am I dreaming?" Even after it was seen and touched, Yuri couldn't bring herself to believe that her dearest brother was sitting on the worn-out couch of the ruin she was supposed to call home.

Although she pretended to forget, deep within, covers would never work. Raw and painful everything had to be.

"Did you really think I'd leave you like this totally on your own in this merciless world, noona?" While slings and arrows burst open the center, Young-jae still needed to push aside the lethal guilt to assure.

"Are mom and dad aware you're here?" Yuri wanted to answer the thrown question, but the regret was felt wholly. Funny, though, the owner didn't have the right to keep it for he held no power back in the days.

"Absolutely not. You think the infidels would let me be here right now if I told them?!" Even though it was acclaimed being Alpha was the freedom itself, Young-jae was always captive. Parents were no jailors any longer. Thought, however, was one prison he had lost hope to escape from.

"No, never in million years. I know!" It didn't matter how much the process appeared pointless. Yuri still turned her back to the other side to conceal the unavoidable dismay.

Being through enough never blew away feelings. The woman consistently missed old times; the days she wanted to feel and foolishly sit by anticipation. She was truly a desperate creature.

Young-jae was no stone to live rocky; inwardly, the Alpha died every second his sister thought she had to share those hidden tears with the dead walls. Thereby, he found himself responsible for the brutally needed change.

As it was bare before his vision, the task was never going to be a simple one. Maturely, the young Alpha understood and embraced his spirit for the unwelcomed pollution to come.

"Although I have heard enough shits here and there, I still wanna hear everything from you, noona. What exactly are you doing in here? Be honest, please."

The numbing desire to keep secrets still had the woman locked even when things were already discovered, "What's with you asking when I'm sure you know the whole shebang of my life by now?"

"You expect me to believe the nature of you, basing everything on some of the grudgeful words your unfavorable neighbors expressed about you?" Standing up and bringing his determined mind towards the other, Young-jae turned her body to his own to let her see every feature for herself, "You really think they could ever know you?"

Without holding an ounce of might over her emotions, Yuri was left with eyes filled with tears. Mayhaps, the life before her had grown to be a man, but even the cruelty of growth wasn't able to erase the pure kindness inside the core.

Wrapping her arms around the other's neck securely, the Omega laid her head on the Alpha's chest and spared herself another blessed moment of relief from the mundane world.

Young-jae stood still, one impatient side screaming at the other to already open up, but then the brotherly affection hindered the selfish request of body.

"I'm doing what those neighbors told you, but not for the reasons they believe," Eventually, Yuri began speaking knowing precisely how easily secrets were to destroy once being kept unwisely, "Financially, cleaning houses couldn't provide anything for me, let alone considering Su in the matter. As a result, I was left with no choice."

"You could search for another job." Pushing away the Omega from himself, Young-jae retorted in a tone conceived with emblems of rage.

As sudden as it appeared, the Alpha was already too prepared for the loud, bitter chuckle his sister relied upon to put another thick page on her deadly woe. Expectedly, the words had to follow the same path. Yet, he was once more abused by reality.