Twenty-seven

"And... This. Phew! I think my bullion knots came out much better now. Hey, I'm getting the hang of it, Su." It was nothing more than basics. Nevertheless, it had Jin grinning ear to ear as if he completed a whole collection. His passion for the profession was beyond anything he had experienced before.

It was only one day, and he already coordinated his time and life with the new habit just like how he did the same for some clothes. His mind was bursting with new ideas he didn't know he was capable of having. At last, the sensation of being a human was felt, and he had no intention of losing it.

Hyun-su lifted his head from his homework to gift his attention to the work of the Omega. Even the kid was in cloud nine to find his Jinnie delighted.

After a soon dinner (for Taehyung informed he would come late due to a late meeting), their evening was spent sitting together watching progress and giving encouraging compliments. Their relationship was strong to the extent that they missed each other whenever one was gone. They were totally used to be one another's company and friend.

The kid watched the neat pattern of green knots on the milky cloth, and joy lovingly began flourishing on his face.

"Yeah, it's definitely the best among all of your works. You're doing amazing. At least, you're doing a lot better than me. School isn't my place!" Hyun-su joked to plant elation in mood's soil. Understandably, his attempt didn't work out the way he planned. Not even that, it was fully reversed.

The frown the Omega was wearing housed in so many negatives in itself. The child couldn't make out what was exactly the dominant feeling that carved that wrong-placed crease in between his brows.

Jin's eyes were still on Hyun-su's as if he was freezed right at there. They did not move the slightest. They couldn't as he had to see for himself. The expression didn't yell kid. There was no trace of young. Face could deceive, nonetheless exhausion left nothing from the youth deep within.

He was so into his train of thoughts that he didn't realize how he scared the boy with his eerie stare.

Heaving a heavy sigh, heavy enough to ache his chest, he hung his head low as he muttered a barely audible apology.

"Why were you looking at me like that?" The voice that came out of Hyun-su's throat was to warn tears would be the firm consequence if he didn't fix fast.

"Su, baby, I..."

"Please, t-tell me." the boy entreated, his tiny pleasant voice breaking at some point causing the same treat for the Omega's heart.

Dodging was no solution. Jin was reminded once more he was talking to Hyun-su. As honest as clean water shows, the kid could be and expected to receive the same treatment.

Jin wasn't certain if that trait of the boy served adult, or it was a common thing for children. Yet at that instant, it didn't really matter because small or big, his request was fair.

"Ok, sweetheart. I was thinking if you could skip summer school. I can already see how it's taken its toll on you. The reason why you're not making much improvement in school isn't because you're not giving your best. You just need time to rest and play like every other child to be recharged and ready for the next year. That was the thing that had me spaced out."

Jin released it out entirely. He didn't know what reaction his words would bring and that was why internally, he made himself equipped for the mystery.

A thin gap opened its way in between the kid's lips slowly, but then it was closed. The boy decided to eat whatever he planned to say. Thankfully, Jin was enough comfortable with him to not permit that.