Chapter 4

Dalton's Pov

Once I finished making dinner which was Fried chicken and rice I also did fried fish because I wasn't sure what the young girl liked but I really hoped that she liked this because I don't know why I care actually, but she looks so tiny she has to eat she must. When I dish out the food on plates I go to my room and I see that she's still deep asleep. Maybe I should let her sleep a little bit more I'm not sure I have the heart to wake her up so I let her sleep but I get a glass of water and put it on the bedside table. I go downstairs and eat my dinner and just think about how lonely it gets while being home alone I want to have a relationship with someone that accepts me for me and aren't just with me for my money because I hate when they throw themselves at me especially once they know that I own a company that makes at least a million dollars a year. I'm not your typical rich person that lives in a big house my house is big but for specific reasons that no one knows of yet. I have finished eating and its now ten o'clock at night and I decide that I should head to bed even though I don't need to go into the office tomorrow but I still feel tired from today. I take a quick shower do a facial routine yes guys can do that, then go to the guest room as I have the young girl in mine. As I get in bed I just think about what happened today and what had happened if I wasn't there to help the young girl as it seems that no one around seemed to even care or notice with those being my last thoughts I fall asleep.

A few hours later

Azariah's Pov

"Please stop please I will be good and do it next time I'm begging you please"

Dad didn't listen he kept hitting, punching and kicking

"I... I can't brea...the dad st...st...stop" I screamed while sobbing

"Next time bitch don't forget to make me my dinner."

He left me on the floor with a bleeding nose hyperventilating

In and out in and out. Not working.

I shot up out my sleep clawing my neck I cant breathe. Why is it so dark in here? Where am I? I jump off the bed and start to have a panic attack ad highly hyperventilate I try to calm down but it doesn't work I knock something and there is a loud shattered glass I hear fall, but I can't focus where it came from my eyes are watered and it won't stop I try to call for help, but it's no use I find the corner of the room and crouch down on my knees in a instant a door opens and someone comes in but I cant hear or see them. I try my hardest to focus on the words that the person is saying .

"Princess"

"Princess"

"Can you hear me"

Its so close yet seems so far I feel the person grab both my hands and say, "If you can hear me squeeze my hand"

I barely even squeeze the hands that feel incredibly large however the attempt is noticed

"I need you to follow and listen to my voice and follow my breathing okay. Breath in and out. In...out...In...Out that's its babygirl keep going."

I keep following his instructions till I feel my breathing is completely normal and I look up and see this amazing looking browskin man in front of me who is kind of cute and he has braids that are really neat.

"Hi my name is Dalton what's yours?"

I tried to talk, but nothing came out it was like I froze.

"You don't have to tell me now, but it would good if you let me know where your parents live so I can bring you back to them"

I just moved further away the last physical contact I had was violent and that was Peter who did that to me.

"I'm not going to hurt you I just want to help stay there okay I'm going to clean up this glass because it's dangerous"

In an instant I get up as if nothing happened and get ready to start picking up the glass with my hands because if I keep it messy he might hit me too like Peter did.

He immediately grabs me back and questions what I was doing but I have no answer.

"You don't go near broken glass its dangerous and you could get hurt"

I just nod my head and sit on the chair he put me on while he cleans the glass.

"A..Azariah" I mumble

"What did you say princess?"

"My name is Azariah"

"You have a lovely name I'm just going to put this glass downstairs are you hungry do you want something to eat?"

"No thank you" with that Dalton went downstairs I slowly start to feel my eye close whilst waiting for him to get back, but I couldn't help but to close them just for a few minutes.

Dalton's Pov

When I make my way upstairs I see Azariah fast asleep on the chair I gently and carefully pick her up and place her under the bed sheets. As I release my arms from her and turn around them she grabs them.

"Stay... Please"

"Princess I don't think that would be good"

She gives me these puppy do eyes that are extremely hard to resist.

"Fine"

"Your really tall" She tells me randomly

"Yes I most definitely am because I am 6'3" She gave a small humming noise and gripped onto my finger like if she didn't it would disappear and just like that with me rubbing her back she fell asleep and shortly after so did I.

Thank you for reading please vote sorry for any mistakes