Chapter 24

Thank you for those readying and supporting my book its at 32.1k reads I think it said I could have done it without you guys so very much appreciated to those reading and adding to their reading lists.  Shout out to @Natblast121402 @MichaelHarbort @jillian9446 for voting/ commenting really appreciate the support.

QoTD: What's your dream holiday destination? Mine is Hawaii.

Azariah's POV

Months later

Life has been extremely good everything is almost too perfect everything is just where it is meant to be. Even though I no longer work as a nurse because it was starting to become too stressful for me sometimes I volunteer at the local dog shelter and help out the owner Ms Mary. Ms Mary is a sweet lady in her early 60's she has been the absolute best, she doesn't have any children, but she treats me like I am one of her own she's treated me better than both my parents have my entire life

Speaking of my parents I haven't seen them at all no random weird pop ups which I'm so grateful for.

Me and Dalton's relationship is even better, there was nothing wrong with it before, but it's almost as If it has a new spark to it, not sure what it is, but it feels amazing and I really don't ever want it to end. He has really helped me come out my shell and I couldn't do half the things If I didn't have him. My confidence would probably still be non-existent and who knows if id be in harms way with my father.

Right now I'm at the shelter which is almost like my second home playing with this adorable Bichon Frise puppy called Bella. She was brought in very malnourished, but now she's fireball of energy and you just cant help, but to love her.

"Darling I thought you already went home its already 6:30," Ms Mary came in and said

Looking out the window I see the mild sunset and can't believe it.

"Oh wow I should getting going, Bye Ms Mary see you soon," I said giving her a hug.

"See you soon dear,"

Getting my coat and bag I head through the door and decide to walk home since the weather is nice and it's not a far walk.

At home

Walking in I see Daddy sitting on the couch, "Daddddyyyyyyy!" I run and hug him I never realised how much I missed him until I saw him.

"Hey princess how was your day,"

I start rambling on without even noticing and Daddy just looks me deep in my eyes with nothing but admiration and I'm so happy this right here is my happy place. "Lets get you something to eat princess, what should we put in that tummy of yours?" He says standing picking me up heading towards the kitchen.

"NUGGIES PWEASE!!"

"Good manners, but inside voices princess," He says in a stern voice

"Yes Daddy,"