Chapter 16

Firstly I know it's been a minute I'm going to try being more consistent college is beating my ass, but I am going to try for you guys cause I'm at 5K reads I'm so happy about that you guys made my day just seeing that I love you all xx

Dalton's POV

I can't believe what I'm hearing right now. I knew that she was hiding her birthday and ii new that it was most likely because traumatic experiences. I go upstairs and get the gifts I prepared previously because I knew she was hiding the date, so I wanted to be ready. Looking at the prepared gifts I debate on bringing the ones for when she's little because I don't know what happened down there, but something isn't right.

Going downstairs with the gifts I didn't know if I was doing the right thing or not. The last few minutes just feel so out of place. "I know you had your reasons to why you didn't tell me, but I would've loved to have given these to you on your actual birthday, when is the actual date."

"Doesn't really matter honestly its September 2nd, also it's not a big deal Rachel gave me a gift anyway,"

Hearing Azzy say that a ton of emotions came to me. I'm grateful that he had someone, but that should have been me.

"It does make me sad that you didn't tell me Azzy,but here are your gifts that I brought for you from before."

 "I-I I don't know what to say, it means so much to me I guess if before I didn't know how much you love and care about me I do now,"

Hearing Az say those words mean a lot but I'm not going to say that it didn't hurt that she didn't come to me. That's all I want is for her to feel happy and safe so much with me that if there is even an inch of danger, she tells me.

Azariah's POV

"You should know it is September 2nd and I am really sorry that I hurt you I can see it you dot have to pretend that it didn't, and I totally understand it's just that the other day- nothing." I just can't bring myself to tell him he'll probably think it's stupid anyway.

"Az I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened...I don't want to push you because that's not fair, but I'm trying to help, and I can't if you don't tell me."

Seeing Dalton speak almost so heartbroken hurts more than ever and even more to know that I am the cause of it. He doesn't need me to be around and bringing him down.

"I can't, but I will one day I promise." I ran up the stairs with the gifts in my hand.

Third Person's POV

Being left alone downstairs Dalton sat on the sofa just looking into space almost feeling numb as if he has lost the one thing that kept him sane. The rain just to match how his emotions currently feel. No matter what he will always love and be there for Azariah.

Meanwhile upstairs is a sobbing Azariah againsther bedroom door. Crying her eyes out because of what had happened at the mall,crying because she hurt Dalton, Crying because she's lost part of her that she'snot even sure of. She has decided to give up being a little jumping straightinto it not knowing If that even is the best decision to make so suddenly orthe fact that she saw the hurt in Daltons eyes that she knew she caused onlything she did was hope for better days as she looked up at the rainy sky.

The next morning the two that share a household wake up with the same thoughts pretty much at the same time with the dark grey cloudy sky in sight without a thought in the world of what to do or say. Both just looking at the plain wall with no emotion.

Dalton was the first one to get up and get dressed he wasn't going to work in to work, but now he wasn't sure if he should stay home he just didn't want Azariah to feel any type of way.

Going downstairs he decided he was going to make breakfast.

Dalton's POV

I might as well get out of a mood it's not like we broke up, but it still does hurt. I decide to make breakfast and make chocolate chip pancakes. I know that these are Azzy's favourite I know she will most likely come downstairs if she smells them. I just put them on a plate and cover them over and not even ten minutes later I hear her footsteps padding down the stairs trying to be quite as always, looks like some things won't change which I'm happy for.

"Morning Azzy,"

"Morning Dad-Dalton,"

I know I'm not hearing things she almost called me daddy I'm pretty sure of it, but she said she didn't want that so it's probably just old habits who knows either way I'll respect her wishes.

I push the plates of pancakes I made and notice something I did and hadn't even realised I cut them up, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to cut them well I did but I shouldn't have, and I'll make sure that-"

"It's fine I don't mind,"

After that there was an extreme peaceful yet powerful silence, I couldn't hold it in I had to say what I wanted to say and get it off my chest or I would've exploded.

"So do you wanna talk about what happened yesterday," I had no intentions of sounding almost cold as if I had no emotion, but I need this conversation probably just as much as she does, she just won't ever say.

"I guess so, but there really isn't much to say about it. I had a thought, and I don't want to be little anymore simple as."

I don't believe her I can see it in her eyes she's lying, but I just won't know why till she says.

"Azariah look me in my face and say that this was your choice, and nothing influenced it."

She didn't even look at me that just said enoughfor me I need to know who hurt my little girl, but I know she wouldn't want meto get revenge so the best thing I can do is be by her side through thick andthin and that's what I will do.

Sorry for any mistakes please vote and comment. I really feel like this was a dead chapter so you guys lemme know what you think.

Khalanni xx