03

"Luckily her hip isn't broken, there's just bruising. I have her some medicine to help with the pain. Give her one every two hours and she'll be good as new in a week." Carlisle says to Sue handing her an orange bottle of pills.

"Thank you Carlisle." Sue says and he nods his head giving her a small smile.

"Of course." Carlisle says seeing himself out, but he stops when he saw Jared sitting on the ground beside Eve, who was asleep on the couch.

"She'll be alright." Carlisle says and Jared looks at him.

"Thank you, for coming back for her." Jared says and Carlisle nods his head.

"Eve is Bella's sister, that makes her family." Carlisle says and Jared's body stiffened but he didn't say anything to the vampire about it.

Carlisle left leaving Jared alone with a sleeping Eve. His hand was slowly rubbing her hair guilt filling his chest as he watched her sleep.

He was supposed to keep her safe, he was supposed to make sure no harm came to her and he failed.

He failed keeping her safe.

A small groan left Eves lips as she shifts uncomfortably on the couch and Jared shushes her trying to coax her back to sleep.

"Jare." She whispers her eyes blinking open and he gave her a small smile.

"I'm here." Jared says gently.

"Where's Leah and Seth?"

"With Sam, at the pack house." Jared explained and confusion filled her eyes.

"I'll explain when you feel better." Jared says and Eve nods her head sighing.

"Are you in any pain?" Jared asks and she shakes her head.

"I want to see them." Eve whispers and Jared quickly shakes his head.

"No, it's not safe." He said and tears welled up in Eves eyes.

"They're my family." Eve cries and Jared shushes her.

"Eve please don't cry, you know I hate it when you cry." Jared begs kissing her forehead gently.

"I'm sorry." She cries.

"No baby, no don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." Jared says and more tears welled up in Eves eyes at his words.

"Is this why you stopped talking to me? Because you're a wolf?" Eve asks and Jared sighs nodding his head.

"I didn't.. I didn't want to risk you getting hurt because of me." Jared whispered hurt and Eve rested a hand on his cheek.

"You should've told me." Eve whispered and Jared shook his head.

"I wasn't allowed to, people outside the pack or council cant know about us." Jared says sadly and Eve frowns.

"I didn't want to hurt you Eve, please believe me. I love you so so much." Jared cried quietly and Eve stared at him shocked.

He loved her back.

The man she had always been in love with, loves her back.

"I love you too." Eve whispered making Jared lean in and place a kiss on cheek . Nusseling his face into her neck while her arms lazily wrap around his neck holding him closely.

Jared was the first one to pull away and he rests a hand on her cheek smiling gently at her.

"I've missed you so much." He whispers.

"I missed you more." Eve whispered back among Jared kiss her forehead and rest his against hers.

"Jared, Sam called. He wants you at Emily's." Sue says walking into the living room making both frown.