5

Angel Montoya

"Said you'd never hurt me, but here we are
Oh you swore on every star"

Madison Beers voice echoed in the car as i drove.

Not today Madi i thought to myself right before i changed the song. I always loved that song but now that i could kind of relate to it i don't want to hear it.

Madison is my friend but she'd understand

"Here i'll play some music" Payton offered from the passengers seat. I gave her my phone and let her play whatever.

We are currently on our way to do some retail therapy with Sonny. We are going to Melrose Ave not really for clothes but Payton wanted Urth Caffe so i'm taking her. I just hope i'm not recognized. I am wearing a zip up hoodie to hide my identity while walking but i know it won't really do anything since my hair is now red.

"I have a podcast thing tomorrow" I spoke up, "With Josh and Dave"

"I thought you cancelled it?" I shook my head, "Are you doing well enough to be on social media again?"

"No but i committed to this since april and i don't just want to cancel" I honestly have had a lot of things going on which made me forget i even agreed to the podcast.

"Hopefully they don't bring him up" But they will

After a few minutes we arrived and i parked near one of the stores. We got off the car and began walking, i had Sonny's leash in my hand gripping it hard so i won't lose him or accidentally let it go.

"Oh my God let's go to Urban?" I smiled and followed her inside the store, not really wanting to look around.

"I don't think he can be in here so i'll go back outside and just wait by the door" Payton nodded so i walked out and just walked a bit with Sonny.

"Angel!" Please don't be anyone i know. "Angel Montoya!" I recognize that voice. I turned my head and saw guys approaching me with cameras. Fuck

I forced a smile, "Hello" I bent down and got Sonny for comfort.

"We haven't seen you in months!" The cameraman spoke enthusiastically, "We missed filming you" That's such a weird thing to say.

"Yeah i've been busy"

My puppy was barking and i tried calming him down, "Who's this little guy?"

"Sonny" I stated with no energy.

"Why haven't you posted on any social media account? You disappeared for nearly a month until you posted you with red hair which you are rocking by the way!" I smiled.

"Thank you, i've just been busy moving my stuff and getting ready for school"

"Oh right! Congratulations on graduating high school!"

"Thank you"

"Did you move out of LA?" He asked me and i nodded.

"I've been out of LA for months now but i moved further than before for school."

"Oh that sounds cool! Where'd you go?"

"Like two hours away from here" I don't want to tell anyone the city i moved to until i feel ready, "I'm just here to bring my sister to eat."

"At urban outfitters?" He teased and i chuckled nervously.

"Haha no i don't know where she wants to go but she's getting some clothes right now, i should probably go check on her she's been in there for a while"

"Okay, yeah it was nice seeing you again. Hopefully next time i bump into you you're with Vinnie after the match saying how proud you are that he won against Deji." I forced another smile and gave a thumbs up.

"Yeah it was nice seeing you too, have a good day!" I let them say bye before i walked inside and walked straight to Payton. "Are you almost done?"

"Yeah let's just go eat." We walked out and began walking towards Urth. I put Sonny back on the floor and held the leash tight so he wouldn't run away.

"I'm sorry Pay i didn't mean to rush you"

"It's okay, you didn't rush me i decided to go but i understand why" When we made it to the caffe we ordered and took a seat outdoors. We chose an area that didn't have people and where not a lot of people walked by.

"Ryan has been texting me" I looked at Payton for her reaction.

"Is he from tiktok? With colored eyes, fluffy curly hair?" I nodded, "He looks like-"

"Payton shut up" He doesn't look like him. "Should i say yes to hanging out?"

"Uh" She looked at my face to see if i was joking, "Like a friendly hangout? Or are you gonna like date?"

"God Payton i'm going through a breakup, i'm friends with him i'm not gonna date the guy"

"Then yeah go but you should probably talk about the breakup in case someone ever says shit" She's right.

"Without being a judgemental bitch, do you think it would be wrong for me to talk about it on a podcast?" My sister shrugged.

"You have to decide that on your own"

-

Back at my parents house i was out back with Sonny who was running around in the yard. He'd bring me a ball to throw for him and when i would, he would go get it and bring it back to me.

My brothers and their girlfriends are over because we are having a huge family dinner so Rylie is out here with me.

"I did so good on your hair" Rylie praised herself. "I didn't miss a single spot"

"Amelie helped you" I pointed out, chuckling at how she's admiring her work.

"Aw there's the smile we all miss around here" She sat next to me on the grass, "If you don't fuck with the idea of being alone in Santa Barbara, you can stay with J and i until you start school that way i can keep you company"

"Thanks Ry, im okay though. I'm learning to do stuff for myself, by myself. Plus i have mister Sonny who is great company." She smiled, "I appreciate you so much Rylie, i can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me."

"I'll always be by your side Angel, you're my little sister" Rylie is an only child, my siblings are literally the siblings she never had, except Jordan he's obviously not like a brother to her. "I have a question for you though"

"I'm listening"

"Do you want to be my maid of honor?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"For what?" I looked down at her hand and didn't see a ring. "Are you guys-"

She nodded, "No one else knows, he asked me a couple days ago but we were gonna tell everyone during the dinner"

"Congratulations" I hugged her, "Yes i'll be your maid of honor" She pulled away, "I'm so excited for you guys, you'll officially be my older sister!" I whisper shouted, "Finally Jordan had the balls to ask you"

"This is why i love you"