15

Angel Montoya

I don't know what brought me to his room.

One minute i was outside with Maria, Lu, Reggie, Poncho and Tucker (his cousin) just sitting and petting Poncho and the next minute i'm in this room with a truly in my hand along with a framed collage of me and him. I know his mom made this and i love it but it hurts to see it.

I haven't drank from the truly since i was outside i just haven't put it down because i find the presence comforting for some unknown reason. It's a can.

I sighed before placing it on the nightstand and looking back at the frame, more specifically at the first picture. It was when i first met his family, me and him were playing with Poncho outside and someone took a picture. I didn't realize this picture was taken until today. Then there's the pictures on the opposite corner, the ones at my graduation.

One was us hugging my he had lifted me a to be at his level and nearly knocked my cap off but i had my hand holding it in place while hugging him. The other was him hugging me but i was on the ground and against his chest while he was looking down at me, looking at me like i was the only person with him.

———————————————————————
Flashback

"I love you so so much Angel" He hugged me tightly, "I'm so fucking in love with you"

"You're going soft V" I laughed, "I love you" I looked up and kissed him gently.

"Let's get married?" He asked. To be honest i don't know if he was serious or not but i laughed before nodding.

"Yeah in like ten years"

"Now" I pulled back and looked at him, "Is that a no?"

"Not a no but i'm not marrying you now Vinnie, we're still too young" He raised his eyebrows.

"Do you plan on being with someone else?" I shook my head, "Me either so age doesn't really matter if eventually we'll get married anyways" He's actually got a point.

"How about you ask me in a couple years when i'm out of college" He smiled but still shook his head.

"It's a one time only offer" He laughed, "So answer now or never"

"I'm not answering you right now" I chuckled

"Will you say no in the future?" I shook my head, "Then i'm taking all of this as a yes" I rolled my eyes.

"You're so weird leave me alone Vincent" I walked away with a smile on my face.

———————————————————————

No tears formed in my eyes.

I stayed seated looking down at the picture which sucked because seeing these hurt.

But what sucked more was that the door opened and footsteps approached me until i felt the bed dip next to me.

I close my eyes knowing who it is and shake my head in disbelief.

"Hey" He speaks up in a soft voice, almost like a whisper. But i don't answer him, i physically can not right now.

"You don't have to talk to me... but please listen" My breath was shaky so i know he heard when i sucked in a breath. I opened my eyes and looked back at the picture in my hands one last time before putting it back where it was. "Please just hear everything i have to say"

"Okay" Is all i said, and that got him to completely turn his body to face me.

"I'm sorry for literally everything you've felt this past month i-"