9

Angel Montoya

When i was a child i believed that love meant perfection. I thought nothing wrong can happen if you love someone or are in love because that's how i was raised. My parents love each other more than they love anything else except their kids.

So my parents never fought in front of us until we got older. I don't know if that's a good thing or not because seeing them fight in front of me for the first time sucked.

But because of them i believed love was perfect. I didn't have any other relationship around to contradict that so i couldn't believe anything else.

I believed relationships were full of happiness, laughter, and love.

That was until my first relationship. His name was Danny obviously short for Daniel, we dated during my freshman year for two months, it was a rushed relationship that started three weeks after the first day of school. He cheated on me during our relationship but honestly i don't know why i didn't end it, it took him choking me for me to end it. He choked me for a reason i am not able to remember clearly anymore but i broke up with him and luckily he left me alone.

I had already known Jonathan since middle school but i caught feelings for him a bit after breaking up with Daniel because he was the person who comforted me. I liked him a lot and if i'm being honest, if we had actually dated for any amount of time, i would've probably loved him. We talked in December of our sophomore year but stopped literally two days before new years and started again in mid January but stopped early February, started again in April and lasted until mid June until he straight up told me he didn't want a relationship. That was a lie though he got in a relationship i don't know how long after that. I gave him everything, he is who i lost my virginity to.

He broke my heart. It took me months to get over him and when i did, Gael had been waiting for me. He tried talking to me when school started again but i told him i was trying to move on from someone and he understood. We didn't start talking until December but started dating in January and we all know how that went. He cheated on me several times so we were on and off for most of the time that we dated. I broke up with him for good in May.

Then i met Vinnie again. We started texting in June but didn't actually start talking until he came here after his birthday in July. With him everything was different, i was a lot happier around him, I could talk to him about anything without worrying that i'm talking too much, but that's because of how comfortable he made me feel. From the moment we met i was slowly falling in love with him. The scary part about it was that i was okay with being in love with him though.

Now here i am, in my room about to have a breakdown because i can't find an outfit and i'm thinking of my ex for the millionth time. I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out with Amelie who is back from her trip. She invited me to the country club where she plays tennis with Blake. Speaking of Blake, he wanted to go with us so i told her it was okay and that i'd invite Ryan since we're friends and he mentioned something to me about being a tennis pro. He's actually in the kitchen or living room with Sonny because we are meeting Blake and Amelie at the country club.

I moved clothes around everywhere and couldn't find a decent outfit to wear, i only have the skirt which is thrown on my bed waiting for me to put it on. Id usually have him pick out my shirts when i get like this but i don't have him with me anymore.

Fuck

I grabbed a random white cropped top and just put it on and decided on a cropped pink cardigan that has strings to tie in the front. My skirt was white so it matched perfectly with my outfit and my white forces that i put crew socks on with.

When i was done and had everything with me i went to the kitchen cause i heard Ryan's voice come from there but he was busy with my puppy.

"Does this look country club-ish?" I asked, looking down at my outfit as i stood in front of him. "I couldn't find anything else and i was gonna cry so i just put this on."