14

Vincent Hacker

Washington.

My state.

I was born and raised here. Learned to drive here. Learned to ride a bike, learned everything here.

I used to think it was my home. I mean everything important to me was here. My house, my family, my friends.

But as cheesy as it is my home is in California. She has always been in California.

My happiness. My baby. My love.

My sweet girl. The only person who i knew loves me and has my best interest at heart. The person i knew would always have my back. She never let me down.

My angel baby.

I miss her. I know she's here but she's not here with me. She hasn't even looked at me. We've been in the same room for thirty minutes and yet she hasn't even glanced at me or spoken a single word.

Oh how i wish i could change everything.

I wish i never hurt her. I wish i could take her pain away. I wish i could make her see how much i love her, how much i regret my actions.

I wish she could see how she's the most precious thing in my life. The most beautiful person to ever exist in my eyes.

If i texted her right now would she look at me?

Who knows but i'll try.

angel baby❤️

i miss you

I looked at her right after sending that message. I saw how she didn't check her phone which lets me know she muted my messages. But i guess she could feel me stare because for a second i locked eyes with her.

I wish she'd talk to me. I wouldn't even care if she yelled at me, i just want her to talk to me.

As quick as she looked at me, her looking away was even quicker.

She didn't do anything. She stayed in her seat, she didn't look at me again. She stayed talking to those around her.

"You're staring" Jett pointed out to me quietly, "Just let her be man"

I looked away from her and continued eating my meal.

When we got to the restaurant Jett and Jack did finally talk to Angel. I was not part of their conversation because obviously she isn't speaking to me. I have no right to talk to her or feel this way, i caused everything.

"Are we invited to the fight Vinnie?" My aunt asked from next to my dad, "I don't want to see you win from a tv"

"Yes i have everyone's tickets" I got tickets for everyone that's here although some said they wouldn't be able to go i have them in case their plans change.

"You got us all one?"

"I bought some cause i was only given six" The six tickets were going to my parents, Reg, Angel, my aunt and my cousin. "But yeah everyone has one"

"Thank you Vin" My aunt smiled.

"Yeah i'll give them to you guys soon but i'm leaving a couple days before with all of the guys-" I stopped talking when i heard my cousins voice

"You look like Ariel my love" I turned to where her voice is and saw her looking at Angel with such a big smile. "You're very pretty just like her"

"Thank you Melly" She was smiling down at my cousin. "You're so pretty, i love your hair" Her hair is curly, "I love curly hair"

"Really?" The younger girl asked which made Angel nod with a big smile, "I love your hair too"

"Thank you" I stopped listening and paid attention to some of what the two guys next to me were saying.

-

"We should all go play a game at the house" My dad spoke just as the waiter brought the bill. "Or we can watch a movie? Reez it's up to you"

"Yeah we could play a game" My mom agreed. My eyes immediately shot over to Angel who stayed quiet in her seat while she picked at her nearly untouched food. She let my mom choose for her so in front of her was some chicken which she loves which is placed on the same plate with some shrimp. She also has a plate full of rice, salad and yakisoba noodles. She's barely touched anything.

From both of us, she's usually the one who eats and i am the one who sits back to admire her. But she's not eating. She's not shy when it comes to eating, she loves trying new stuff so i'm confused on why she's not eating now.

"Do you eat rolls?" I heard my brother speak which made Angel look up at him confused, "Want to try a crunch roll?"

I watched as she looked down at her plate as if she doesn't know what to do.

"They're good look Angel" He started picking up the roll but i interrupted.

"Reggie" He looked at me, confused but i just wanted him to not force her to eat something she doesn't want to. "Let me try one"

"You have some right there" He looked at my plate.

"I didn't get the sauce, i wanna try it with it" He rolled his eyes but let me get one. I popped it into my mouth and chewed it while looking at him, "Mm it's so good Reg thank you"

"You're weird" He turned back to Angel, "Do you wanna try it?"

"Um i'm okay, thank you" She smiled and grabbed her water to drink.

Stop staring at her

I looked away after one last look and went back to a conversation with my cousin.

-

"Want a beer?" My dad asked Jett who shook his head.

"No thanks, i'm sober"

"That's great to hear, want one Vin?" I nodded and grabbed a bottle from his hand. "How long you been sober?"

"Couple months." I'm so proud of Jett. "I wasn't a heavy drinker but i just got disgusted by alcohol and beer so stopped"

"I'm gonna go change i'll be back" I excused myself from them. I honestly wasn't gonna change i just don't feel like socializing at the moment.

I walked away and made my way to my room but stopped right outside of it when i saw the door cracked open and someone sitting on my bed, looking down at something in their laps.

It was Angel in a hoodie just sitting down. I could hear her sigh a bit loudly

Just go for it

So i did.