001 | seoul university

H A E U N

While growing up from birth until now was there a certain comment that always fell off people's lips. A comment questioning my life choices because according to them, I already have everything. But what people don't understand is that being born in a legacy doesn't mean you automatically get everything you ask for.

My family, my heritage and my legacy might hold a huge reputation and responsibility, but that doesn't necessarily mean I get everything I ask for. There are many great hunters in the family three of the Bae legacy and of course I want my name to be known, but being known in my family isn't enough for me. My name has already been a talk of the town among hunters, but of course isn't that enough either.

For all of the people who always used to tell me "Why can't you just be satisfied?", no I can't. People with the perfectionist personality trait just can't be satisfied that easily.

I let out a sign as I looked at the huge collage building in front of me, Seoul University. I decided to continue my studies at Seoul University, the best university in South Korea with an associate degree of material arts.

My reason to come here however is not to learn material arts or how to fight. My parents basically taught me to fight before they taught me how to walk. I came here because I am in a big city now, the capital of South Korea, a place that's definitely full of different types of monsters.

"Excuse me" A girl's voice interrupted my daydreams as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and started to scan the girl who tapped on my shoulder. Tall, pretty girl, definitely the popular type among both boys and girls. Wouldn't surprise me if she was in the medical department for some reason.

"Welcome to Seoul University, do you want me to help you find your department?" The girl asked.

"Yes please, it's material arts" I answered.

"Oh really? That's so cool! You are going to the left over there and then it's the 4th table on the line" The girl replied.

I thanked her and then followed the directions she gave me. I have always known that Seoul University is a huge school but.. I was not expecting this crowd of people when coming here. There are both Koreans but also foreigners who have chosen to attend here.

"Welcome to the material arts department, what's your name?" A male said when I walked toward his table.

"Bae Haeun" I answered.

The male looked through his list and then handed over a lanyard with a picture of me, my name and department.

"You can go over there, it's your new classmates" The male said as he pointed at a group of students.

I nodded back and then walked over to the group he pointed at. I felt the attention coming at me the closer I got to the group. It wasn't that many so far, only 8 people so far but it still feels weird to have 8 pairs of eyes staring at you.

"Finally! Another girl!" A girl said happily and immediately linked her arm with me.

"What's your name? My name is Eunji, nice to meet you" Eunji added while flashing a smile towards me.

"Haeun, nice to meet you too" I replied and let out a chuckle in the end.

"I still can't believe they accepted girls into the martial arts department. Girls are too weak and emotional to learn something like martial arts" One guy suddenly burst out.

"Too weak and emotional huh?" I responded while I took a few steps closer to that guy, staring into his soul to threaten him.

"I-I take that back.." The guy replied while taking a few steps back from me.

Everyone started to tease him, or the rest of the boys started to tease him meanwhile me and Eunji laughed at them. The conversation suddenly changed and the boys now started to imitate the look I gave.

"What are they doing?" A male voice suddenly asked.

"Imitating the gaze I gave one of the boys because he said girls are too weak and emotional to learn martial arts" I answered.

I heard the boy chuckling at my answer. I then looked beside me, seeing a tall, good looking boy who looks like he's straight out of a model magazine. He looked back at me and the two of us naturally made eye contact.

His aura is definitely standing out a lot.

I broke eye contact to look down at his name tag. Park Sunghoon. I am going to remember that name. 

A couple of more people started to appear and our class was then formed. Another girl named Jaehwa joined as well, which naturally made the three of us a little friend group. I mean what do you expect when it's only 3 girls in one class?

A few more minutes passed until the table-guy, whose name is Hyunshik, came to us. We followed him as he gave us a tour around the building, or at least the parts of school we are going to spend our time at.

Hyunshik's voice suddenly faded into a background noise as I started to give all my attention to Sunghoon who was walking in front of me. Sunghoon on the other hand was paying attention to Hyunshik compared to me.

Sunghoon suddenly stopped walking and turned his head around which caused me to almost bump into him. I looked at him puzzled but Sunghoon didn't seem to be that bothered.

What's going on with him?