026 | my favorite feeling

H A E U N

I kept walking back and forth in a circle, impatiently waiting for Sunghoon's arrival. I normally have a hard time getting Sunghoon out of my mind but this weekend was something extra. My mind had turned on a new setting which made it almost impossible for me to not think about him.

It's not like I have anything against it since a smile always crosses my lips whenever I think of Sunghoon. But after this weekend are my thoughts of Sunghoon connected to stress and anxiousness. I don't know what I expected when Hawon suddenly brought me home because of an emergency, but I know I didn't expect anything related to Sunghoon and his family.

So when I came back to Seoul last night, I texted Sunghoon and told him to meet me before school starts today. I'm close to desperate to talk with Sunghoon right now, asking him if he had knowledge about our families this whole time or if this is new information for him as well. But I'm also close to desperate to talk with Sunghoon because I have honestly missed him.

We were only separated for two days but since it was two mentally intense days, my body quickly started to crave for Sunghoon's company. Maybe I have reached a point where I am so used to having him around me so the second Sunghoon is not beside me, something feels odd. It's not even a maybe, it's a yes because I know it's true.

My heart skipped a beat and my lips smiled when I spotted a figure walking towards me. WIthout hesitation, I ran towards the figure because I knew who it was. Sunghoon chuckled and smiled widely while he watched me running towards him. He spread his arms and welcomed me in his embrace.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while I rested my head on his shoulder. Sunghoon pulled me closer and rested his head on top of mine. I already knew I missed him but being in his embrace, feeling complete again by his presence is something different.

"I'm sorry, I'm just glad to see you" I said with a chuckle while I slowly let go of the hug.

Even though we let go of the hug we were still standing as close as if we were still in a hug. I had my hands placed around Sunghoon's neck while he had his arms around my torso.

"I'm glad to see you too, I have missed you" Sunghoon replied while he tucked my hair behind my ears.

"But, why did you want us to meet before school starts? Has something happened?" Sunghoon asked with a worried look and tone.

"Yes.." I answered.

I slowly removed my hands from his neck while I took a step back. I took Sunghoon's hands and held them tight while I looked down at the ground.

"My family has plans on killing you, your parents and your whole legacy" I said.

"We are already natural enemies but our families are another type of enemies, long-lived enemies because they have been enemies for centuries. And soon, my parents and my sister will come up to Seoul so I can lead them to you and your parents" I added.

"My parents want me to do the same" Sunghoon confessed.

I looked up at Sunghoon, feeling like a question mark while I looked at him.

"When they found out we were classmates, they naturally forced me into the plan. I tried to step back and exclude myself but my parents thought about replacing me with Jay, letting him be the one who leads my parents to you and your family" He replied.

"My original destiny was to kill you but now I know it is to save you. Letting Jay be the one who kills you would mean I have ruined and gone against my destiny. I may be young and have a long life in front of me but I know exactly what I want, and being with you is on the top of my list" Sunghoon added.

"But what are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"I have a plan but I don't want us to talk about it here or right now. Our focus should be on us right now, not anyone or everyone else, the two of us only" Sunghoon answered with a tiny smile.

I nodded, causing Sunghoon to smile wider and suddenly started to drag me out from the campus area. Without any explanation, we both started to run. Either of us knew where we were going but at the of the day, it don't matter as long as we are together.

🌥️

After spending the whole day with Sunghoon are we still inseparable even though the night sky is above us. Fascinating how you can spend a whole day with someone and not feeling bored and not tired of the other. That's a sign of true friendship and love.

We both slowed our speed when we arrived at my apartment building. Sunghoon took both of my hands and held them tightly while he looked deeply into my eyes. He gave me a peck on the lips and then continued to look deeply into my eyes.

"I can remember the last time I was feeling this amount of euphoria. It's sad that a day lasts for only 24 hours, the sunset came too early" Sunghoon said with a smile.

"Well.. You technically don't have to leave if you don't want to since I live alone.." I replied while I scratched my neck.

Sunghoon let out a soft chuckle. Even though it's dark outside it's still easy to see the pink color on his cheeks. I smiled back at Sunghoon and then showed him the way to my apartment. When we entered my apartment, Sunghoon kept looking around him, paying attention to every single detail his eyes could find.

His eyes ended up on a photo frame I have on my bedside table. It was a picture of me and Hawon when we were younger and played in our favorite playground in our hometown. I looked over at Sunghoon and caught him smiling widely while looking at the photo.

"We should probably go to sleep or else we may not get any sleep at all" I said with a chuckle.

"You're right" Sunghoon replied.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeths and change clothes. When I came out was Sunghoon standing in the middle of my apartment, flashing the back of his bare upper body. My eyes widened and I immediately turned around, walking sideways to my bed to avoid looking at Sunghoon.

"Don't worry, you will get used to it at some point" Sunghoon said with a chuckle.

I wouldn't necessarily say Sunghoon's reply helped since I'm feeling more embarrassed now. I slid down under the sheets and Sunghoon laid down beside me. He laid down on his back and put his arm around me while I placed my head on his chest.

"I think I can get used to this" I said.

"Me too" Sunghoon replied.

We looked up at each other and smiled. We shared a kiss before we closed our eyes for the night. We spend the day together, we end the day together and we will start tomorrow together. This is love and love is my favorite feeling.