004 | fresh blood

H A E U N

The second day of University has arrived after whatever happened yesterday. It wasn't until I was lying underneath the sheets in my bed when my head started to process what actually happened yesterday. 

My head was constantly active during the night as well which made it really hard for me to fall asleep. Everytime I closed my eyes, all I could see was Sunghoon drinking from that poor girl. My plan for today is to search for that poor girl and talk to her, if she's still alive of course..

I walked into the main entrance with my eyes clued on the paper with my schedule in my hand. Maybe I should have kept more attention at Taewoo when he showed us around because I have no idea where I'm supposed to go.

"Stop being so old-fashioned" Eunji suddenly said and snacthed my paper away from me.

"Do you have anything against papers?" I asked while I laughed softly.

"I think she does since she took mine as well" Jaehwa replied.

"But really? Why print out our schedule when we can look at it on our phones? Why kill a tree when we can save one instead?" Eunji said proudly.

"She does have a point" Jaehwa replied while she looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at both of them. When I looked back at Eunji, my eyes catched someone who was standing a few meters away from us. It was that poor girl from earlier. I excused myself and started to walk towards her.

"Hi, I'm Haeun, martial arts department.." I said.

"Miyeon, biology department" Miyeon replied while she looked at me like a question mark.

I tried to look at her neck to see if she had any marks but it's hard to see when Miyeon's hair is covering it.

"Wait.. I think you have a mosquito on your shoulder.." I pretended.

I removed a part of Miyeon's hair while I pretended a mosquito was on her shoulder. Her neck was clean, no marks from Sunghoon's fangs were found. This can't be possible.

I know I wasn't hallucinating, I know for sure I saw Sunghoon drinking blood from Miyeon's neck. Plus, who rolls up their sleeve to pick up something from the ground or from your pocket?

"Is it gone?" Miyeon asked.

"Yeah, it's gone" I said with a tiny smile.

"Can I ask you something? I saw you disappear with you and Sunghoon yesterday.. Did something perhaps happen between you two?" I asked out of curiosity.

"We just went out to take some fresh air since we both aren't into parting that much. Then we started to flirt, making out but I don't remember what happened afterwards" Miyeon answered and shrugged her shoulders in the end.

She doesn't remember the part when Sunghoon drank from her?

"But why are you asking me that? Do you perhaps like Sunghoon" Miyeon asked.

"No, no, it's nothing like that. I just wanted to ask out of curiosity" I answered with a nervous chuckle.

Miyeon nodded and the two of us said goodbye and started to go separate ways. I turned around and realized that Eunji and Jaehwa had left. And Eunji took my paper with my schedule on it, how am I supposed to know where to go?

🌥️

I pushed the doors in front of me, letting them almost smash into the walls. My class were originally standing on a line with their backs against the door, now were they all looking at me. I kept my head high while I walked in even though the tension in the room was sharp as a knife.

My martial arts teacher crossed his arms as he looked at me with a serious facial expression. I noticed Sunghoon who was standing right next to our martial arts teacher. But instead of looking at me with a serious facial expression, he smirked.

"Late on your first day, I see.." My martial arts teacher said.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't find-" I started to explain myself.

"I don't want to hear your excuses" My martial arts teacher responded.

"I was just using your classmate Sunghoon to demonstrate blocks and attacks. Maybe Sungoon can demorate them for you since you missed it" My martial arts teacher replied.

He had a proud smile on his face and so had Sunghoon as well. My martial arts teacher took a few steps back and my classmates followed him. I threw the bag on my back on the floor before I walked into the mat Sunghoon were standing.

We both held our positions while we slowly walked around in circles, The tension in this room was even sharper now than before. I attacked first, trying to hit Sunghoon from the side but he blocked my hand.

"Don't be scared to hit a girl" I said to tease him.

Sunghoon then tried to attack me but I reacted faster and avoided it. I then took the arm he tried to hit me with and spun it which made him fall down on the mat underneath us. I brushed off my hands and was ready to end our match, but Sunghoon wasn't.

"I'm not done with you" Sunghoon said.

He stood up from the mat and got ready to attack me with a kick. I blocked it and then tried to attack Sunghoon back but he avoided it. Our match were getting very even since we both continued to attack, block and avoid without being hit.

Our eyes were constantly connected, his dark eyes were staring inside my soul. My head and body were focusing on so many things at once and one of them happened to be Sunghoon's monster species .

We both suddenly froze in a position. A position where I had my first on Sunghoon's chest like I had a dagger in my hand and Sunghoon was holding my chin with his hand. Neither of us broke eye contact even though we were standing inches away from each other and breathed in each other faceses.

His breath smells like fresh blood.

"I think we can stop here" Our martial arts teacher stepped in and separate me and Sunghoon from each other.

Sunghoon and I slowly moved away from each other and then walked to the opposite sides of the line. Our martial art teacher started to mention some of the blocks and attacks me and Sunghoon used, but that information is not interesting for me. Sunghoon is more interesting.

But I wonder why Sunghoon was smirking at me when the teacher told him to demonstrate the blocks and attacks on me? He seemed very serious too during the demonstration for a unknown reason.

And the fact that Sunghoon is like a blank paper doesn't it make it easier for me. Maybe I shouldn't waste my time on him when I came to university to study. However..

Even though I came to university to study. I also came to find, hunt and kill monsters, monsters like vampires, vampires like Sunghoon.