005 | next target

H A E U N

I believe we often take things for granted and one of them is free food. After adulting, you realize how free the world was for you and you do regret not taking granted of them before until now when it is too late. Or maybe it's just me.

Me, Eunji and Jaehwa picked up our tray with food and decided to go outside to search for a table. There are empty tables available inside the canteen but we prefer to sit outside because of the good weather.

We found ourselves an empty table almost immediately. While I sat down, I noticed Sunghoon and his friend Jay sitting on a bench nearby. The two of them were enjoying the silence until a group of girls walked up to them. Miyeon was one of them.

Miyeon sat down next to Sunghoon and started to talk while the rest of the girls were paying attention to Jay. Sunghoon seems to enjoy Miyeon's presence, or at least what I can tell from his eyes and body language from a distance.

"Hey. What's up with you and Sunghoon?" Jaehwa suddenly asked me as he poked my arm with her elbow.

"And especially during the fight demonstration" Eunji replied and Jaehwa nodded.

"We just demonstrated how to attack and block just like we were told to do" I said, pretending like I didn't know what they were talking about.

Both me and Sunghoon got a little carried away during the demonstration. We wouldn't had ended in the position we did if we didn't get carried away.

"But the tension was something else. Where did you even learn this? I have never seen this kind of move before" Eunji asked as she copied my part of our ending position.

"My mother taught me self-defense and how to fight at a young age, and that move in particular was something I had to learn by force" I answered and let out a small laugh in the end.

Eunji and Jaehwa nodded. I started to eat the food on my tray as my eyes fell back on Sunghoon and Miyeon again. I lost my appetite as soon as my eyes found their way back to them.

The girls Miyeon came with and Miyeon herself suddenly started to leave the two boys. When they left, Jay started to playfully hit Sunghoon's arm, probably teasing him. They sat there for a few more seconds until they decided it was also time to leave.

Sunghoon's eyes suddenly met mine and two of us started to hold eye contact with each other. Him and Jay started to walk somewhere but decided to keep his eye contact with me for as long as he can. Eunji and Jaehwa are right, what's up with me and Sunghoon?

I do know the answer to that question from my perspective but not Sunghoon's, but I am pretty sure we both see each other in the same way. We both view the other as our next target.

"Are you sure there is nothing between you and Sunghoon?" Eunji asked with a smirk after looking at the same direction as me.

"Honestly.. I'm not sure" I answered.

🌥️

I dropped my bag on the floor as I stepped into my apartment. I took off my jacket and shoes before I walked inside and threw my body on the cough. This has to be one of the best feelings.

As I threw my body on the cough, the sleeves of my shirt went down a few centimeters. I decided to roll up the sleeves to expose an arrow tattoo on my left arm. I used my right arm as a support to my head while I looked at the arrow tattoo on my left arm.

The arrow tattoo is a symbol of a hunter. Receiving the arrow tattoo is like an award you get when you have done your first kill. In the world of hunters, the arrow tattoo is a confirmation that you are loyal to your family and legacy and not a misery or a failure.

The sound of my ringstone suddenly distracted me. I took out my phone from my back pocket, seeing my older sister Hawon's name on the screen. I held out my phone in front of me while I answered the facetime call.

"Hi" I said as I waved my hand to Hawon.

"Hi Haeun! How's it going with university?" Hawon asked.

"Better than expected actually" I answered with a satisfied smile.

"I still don't understand why you decided to enroll in University, it's not like you need it" Hawon said.

I let out a chuckle but it slowly disappeared when my head started to replay the scene of Sunghoon drinking from Miyeon.

"I was actually thinking about something during class today. Is it possible to not receive a fang mark?" I suddenly asked my sister.

"What do you mean?" Hawon asked back.

"When a vampire have drunk from a human they receive a fang mark, right? But is it possible to not get one?" I asked again.

"Have a vampire drunk from you?" Hawon asked worried.

"Not me but someone" I answered.

"Wait a minute.." Hawon said.

She left her phone on her bed and walked away. Hawon returned back within a minute with a book in her hand.

Hawon placed the book on her bed and started to flip through the book. Her eyes slowly widen when she reached one of the pages.

"It might be a legacy vampire" Hawon said.

"Legacy vampires are really hard to find since they blend in with humans really well compared to normal vampires. An legacy vampire have the ability to be in the sunlight comped to regular vampires" Hawon added.

"That's why Sunghoon can be in the sunlight and why Miyeon didn't receive any fangs mark or even remember Sunghoon drinking from her" I whispered to myself.

"But you need to remember to be careful, legacy vampires isn't something you underestimated or mess around with" Hawon replied.

I nodded. It doesn't matter what my kill count is at this point because Sunghoon is going to be something I experience for the first time. I have never met a vampire before Sunghoon which means I don't have much knowledge about them.

But this is what I came for. This is what I expected to meet when I decided to enroll in university and I'm not the type of girl to take a step back when a challenge is given to me.

Legacy vampires might be something I shouldn't underestimate or mess around with, and so shouldn't Sunghoon do with me either.