012 | sunghoon's afterparty

S U N G H O O N

The party may have ended over an hour ago, but yet me and Jay still passed out on each couch. We are supposed to clean the mess around the house, or at least Jay is supposed to clean since it is his house. But neither of us have the energy or motivation to clean.

I looked over at Jay who had used a blanket to cover his face, which means he's definitely dead asleep right now. Even though Jay was against the idea of having a party at first, I'm glad I was able to convince him by pretending that he had a chance to win over me. But we all know I was already in the lead and the winner even before we made this bet.

Am I being too arrogant right now?

I sat up on the couch and then walked over to Jay who was lying down across from me. I removed the blanket he used to cover his face and then started to poke with my index finger on his cheek.

"Are you dead?" I asked.

Jay slapped my hand to stop me from poking his cheek before he responded to my question.

"Not anymore" Jay answered.

Jay sat up on the couch while he looked around him, letting out a loud sign because of the way his living room looked. I let out a chuckle while I sat down next to him. I rested my head against the top of the cough, just staring at the ceiling while I let my thoughts roam around by itself.

My head naturally started to connect to Haeun. Just hearing her name in my head makes my heart melt. What is this thing I have for her? I am supposed to hate people like Haeun, I was raised to hate people like Haeun, however.. I don't hate her, not one bit.

I turned my head to my left to look at Jay. Would he understand if I told him my concern? But at the same time, why would he understand? Why would anyone around me understand the feeling of falling for someone who wants you dead.

"You are thinking about something" Jay suddenly said when we made eye contact

"I'm thinking about something but it's nothing special though" I replied, and lied.

"Nothing special? So you mean Haeun isn't a special thought in your head? What is she then?" Jay responded with a teasing smile.

I chuckled. Maybe Jay is right. Haeun might be one special thought in my head. At least she's not like the other thoughts in my head. But on the other hand, Haeun is not like anyone or anything else in the first place. 

"I should leave" I said while I got up from the couch.

"Already? Aren't you going to help me clean first?" Jay asked.

"Maybe later" I answered.

With that, I teleported myself to my own house. I expected the house to be completely dark and quiet when I arrived, but I heard my parents talking downstairs. I walked out from my room and walked down the stairs where I found my parents in the living room.

"What are you doing?" I asked them.

"Oh Sunghoon! You came right in time" My mother said with a smile.

"What is going on?" I asked while I walked closer to them.

"I was right about the girl in your university, she is their daughter. So, we need to create a plan as soon as possible before we lose our lead. The day we are killing the bae family is finally within reach and not so far away anymore" My father answered with a proud smile.

They are what? I didn't say anything, I just stared at them out of confusion and shock. This was not what I expected when I got home.

"And since their daughter is in your university, will you play an important role in this plan. You are going to be the one who brings us to her parents and the rest of her bloodline" My mother added.

"Are you planning on killing the whole bloodline?" I replied and both of my parents nodded.

"I thought Haeun's parents were the ones who used to hunt you two, why should the whole bloodline die because of them? The rest of the relatives haven't done anything against you" I added.

"Their whole family is a threat to us. The bae family are legacy hunters, they are not like regular hunters. That's why we must kill and get rid of all of them" My father said.

I felt myself losing words to use again and just stared at my parents. This feels so wrong on so many levels and for so many reasons. But the worst part of it all is that I'm not supposed to feel like this.

I am not supposed to have empathy for Haeun and her family, I am supposed to stand beside my parents and be supportive of their plan. But how am I supposed to feel supportive of a plan that involves killing someone I'm staring to fall for?

"I will go back to my room" I said.

I don't want to stay here much longer and listen to my parents talking about their murder plan. I would rather clean up Jay's house by myself than spend another minute here.

And speaking of Jay. He definitely doesn't understand the feeling of falling for someone who wants you dead, and the same thing goes for my parents. But now I realized there might be someone who can understand and relate to my feelings..

Haeun.

If she even sees me in the same way I see her of course.