022 | storage room

H A E U N

It's been about an hour since the school festival started and everything has been going very smoothly so far. A good amount of people have decided to stop by and taste our sweet crispy fried chicken. Eunji paid a visit before she would go to her favorite department and later on her part-time work.

It was almost impossible to unsee the heart-shaped sparks in Jaehwa's eyes while she looked at Eunji. I wish I was the one who wrote Jaehwa's story to make sure Eunji returned her feelings and let them live happily ever after. I wish I was the one who wrote Jaehwa's story to make sure she doesn't get hurt again.

And because Jaehwa opened up to me about her complicated love life, a part of me wants to do the same. I want her to know she is not alone with having a complicated love life right now but I'm not even sure if complicated is the right word to describe the relationship between me and Sunghoon.

We are more than complicated. We are enemies to lovers, destined to kill each other but accidently fell in love instead. Me and Sunghoon were destined to meet but not to be together.

My mind was in another place while I collected empty plates and cans that people had left on their table. When I turned around, my eyes caught something that brought my mind back to reality. Sunghoon was talking with an unfamiliar girl. The girl was smiling widely while she talked while Sunghoon looked shy.

"Her name is Mari. She and Sunghoon made out the other day" Jay suddenly appeared behind me.

"What?" I responded out of confusion.

"Me and Sunghoon went to a bar earlier this week where he met Mari and started to make out with her within a few minutes" Jay said.

I know Jay and Sunghoon are on bad terms right now which makes Jay a less trustworthy source. He is definitely adding spice to the story in hope to break things between me and Sunghoon.

It's not like me and Sunghoon are officially dating either or something like that. We both know we have romantic feelings for each other but we have never confirmed the relationship between us. So logically Sunghoon has the right to make out with other girls if he would like too since we are not official.

But of course it hurts when the person you like is giving others the attention and affection you crave.

I shaked my head in order to get rid of the thoughts in my head that are screaming jealousy. I was on my way to walk away from the scene when I suddenly spotted Miyeon walking towards Sunghoon. That Miyeon Sunghoon didn't have a thing with, at least that's what he said to me.

"I thought Miyeon and Sunghoon stopped seeing each other" Jay said.

"I thought so as well" I replied.

I quickly walked away to leave the scene in front of me. I walked over to our dishwasher station to clean out the dirty plates I had collected. Feeling jealous like this was a feeling I never expected myself to have. This shows it's not always the butterflies that tells you you are in love, it's the pain.

Jay walked up to me and squatted down next to me. Feeling Jay's presence beside me made me stop washing the dishes and started to stare at it instead.

"Minwoo asked me to bring another box of drinks, do you want to come along? I sense you want to go somewhere else" Jay said.

And he is not wrong. I let out a sign while I stood up and followed Jay. Going somewhere alone with Jay is my least concern right now even though I have a hard time trusting him. I may don't trust him but that's not important, what's important is that I need to clear out my mind.

We arrive at a small storage room filled with wooden boxes. I walked in first and started to search for a box that had drinks in it. I was on my way to turn around to ask Jay something when I suddenly spotted something running towards me in the corner of my eye. I quickly moved aside which caused Jay to bump into a pile of boxes.

He stared at me with red hungry eyes while his fangs grew out between his deep breaths. Jay dashed off again towards me but I managed to grab his arm and twisted it behind his back. Jay kicked me in the stomach, causing me to fall down on the cold floor. I watched how Jay moved closer to me with a smirk on his lips before I dragged and pinned him on the floor with me on top of him.

I didn't hesitate a second to take out my dagger that was hidden against my spine under my shirt and pants. Good thing Juni was able to order new clothes so I was able to bring my dagger. Just when the tip of the dagger was inches from Jay's chest, brightness lit up the room while the door was smashed into the wall.

Both me and Jay looked at the door, seeing Sunghoon standing in the door frame with an anxious look on his face. I immediately got off Jay while I hid my dagger behind my back, pretending nothing happened even though it was obvious Sunghoon saw what happened.

"You saw that right? Haeun tried to kill me! And you think she is innocent when she obviously wants us dead" Jay said while he walked up to Sunghoon.

"Says the one who started it" I mumbled to myself.

"Do you seriously think Haeun will keep you alive for much longer when she's carrying a weapon with her?" Jay asked Sunghoon while he stared into his eyes.

Sunghoon was silent and his silence was loud. He shifted from looking at me and Jay, but he was mostly looking at Jay. The eye contact between them raised the tension in the room. It feels like a fight between Jay and Sunghoon is going to break out in any second.

"I was just doing you a favor by doing what you are too weak too do" Jay said before he left me and Sunghoon alone.