009 | soju bottles

S U N G H O O N

Silence between two people can be seen in different ways depending on the person who is experiencing the silence. Some people enjoy the silence and find it comfortable while others find it uncomfortable and awkward. I'm the type of person who enjoys silence while Haeun is the type of person who does not enjoy silence.

I have caught Haeun stealing glances at me a couple of times during our walk from University to a bar near campus. She is definitely waiting for me to say something since I'm the one who suggested this idea and if that's the case, she does the right thing.

"Let's drink here" I said when I spotted a bar.

Haeun nodded and followed along. We went inside and sat down at an empty table in the corner, distancing ourselves from the rest of the people here. It's not so many people here since it is in the middle of the week, but the few people who are here are we distance ourselves from.

Haeun asked the waiter for two bottles of soju while we sat down around the table. I let out a soft chuckle while I looked at Haeun.

"Only two?" I asked.

"Then order more if you want too" Haeun answered.

The waiter came and placed two soju bottles on the table, along with two shot glasses. I took one of the bottles and started to pour the glasses. I placed down the bottle and raised my shot glass, Haeun did the same.

We did a silent cheers before we drank the liquor. I placed my glass back on the tabe and don't hesitate to fill up my empty glass before I decided to speak.

"Why didn't you do anything?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Haeun asked back puzzled.

"Why didn't you do anything when the seniors were being sexist? You aren't supposed to stay quiet when someone talks like that about you" I answered.

"Maybe because you walked into the conversation without giving me a chance to say anything" Haeun said.

She let out a sign afterwards. Haeun grabbed the soju bottle and filled her empty glass. She drank it fast and then did the same process again.

"Don't get drunk" I said.

"I have a high alcohol tolerance" Haeun replied with a small smile on her lips before taking her third shot.

I let out a soft smile as I looked at Haeun. This is my first time seeing Haeun's characteristics since I have only watched her from afar and only have had short small talks. Haeun's personality is still a mystery to me but her beauty is outstanding.

It's not like it's news for me either, her beauty is beyond compare.

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?" I suddenly asked.

"It depends" Haeun answered.

"Then what about coming to Jay's party this weekend?" I suggested.

Haeun formed a smirk on her lips while he rested her back against the chair. My lips formed a smirk as well while we held our eye contact. I decided to pour our empty glasses while I still kept the smirk on my face.

"Should I tell Jay you're coming?" I asked while I took my shot glasses.

"Sure" Haeun answered and then took her shot glass.

We once again did a silent cheers and drank up the liquor in our glasses.

"Can I ask you something?" Haeun suddenly said.

"Why did you stand up for me during the meeting?" She replied.

"Because I like you" I responded without hesitation.

Silence fell over us again. Haeun looked surprised at me while I prepared another shot of soju for myself. I let the liquor from my glass go down inside my throat while I looked at Haeun with a smirk.

🌥️

After saying goodbye to Haeun and pretending to take the opposite way, I walked into a small spaced area between two buildings. The small space area is dark and full of trash and dust. But I won't spend so much time here anyway so it's fine.

I looked behind me, making sure no one was following me or perhaps also walking into this dark area for some reason. I teleport myself into Jay's room. He was lying down on his bed, watching something on his bed when I arrived in his room.

"What are you doing here? Did you miss me that much?" Jay asked me with a playful smile on his face.

"In your dreams" I answered as I sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?" I added.

"Should I have plans?" Jay asked while he sat up.

"Yes because you are going to host a party here this weekend" I responded with a smile.

"According to who?" Jay responded confused.

"According to me, who else?" I said.

"I invited Haeun to your party this weekend so you better have one" I added.

Jay ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sign before he continued to ask more questions about his unplanned party.

"Why didn't you invite Haeun to your party? Why did it have to be mine?" Jay asked.

"Because it's more likely you would have a party than me" I answered.

"True but still" Jay said while he shrugged his shoulders.

I let out a small chuckle as I looked at Jay who was still feeling confused and puzzled. I can tell he is debating whenever he should have the party or not, but I know what I'm supposed to say to get rid of the debate inside his head.

"You should have it, or else I will still be in the lead" I said with a smirk on my lips.

"And who said you are in the lead?" Jay responded.

"I did, because it's true" I replied, still keeping a smirk on my lips.

"You may be in the lead right now but after my party this weekend I'm going to take the lead and win" Jay said with a proud smile.

I knew this would work.