015 | red fangs

S U N G H O O N

I think I made a mistake when I told Haeun about how I feel. After seeing her reaction, I felt bad because I could tell she was going through a hard time and I just put more gasoline into the fire. But at the same time, it feels better to tell Haeun than ignoring it.

When you feel something so strong you end up reaching a point when you can't handle it anymore. The feelings inside of you are boiling and you need to get rid of it before you explode. Or maybe it's just me.

I still can't understand what Haeun does to make me feel this way. She's a hunter, not a witch with magic spells. I don't even know if I like Haeun, I just know I don't hate her.

"Do you want to drink?" Jay suddenly asked me as he swung his arm around my shoulder, causing me to lose my balance.

"Which type of drink?" I replied.

"Both" Jay responded with a smile.

I chuckled as we walked out from campus. Today is our longest day this week and the night sky is on its way to cover the sunlight. Me and Jay choosed a bar nearby campus, the same one me and Haeun went to last week.

The popularity is quite the same but am I supposed to act surprised when we are on a Monday evening. I didn't hesitate to walk over to the table me and Haeun sat around when we were here, however two girls had already occupied the table.

I froze on the spot while I stared at the two girls, specifically the one who was sitting on Haeun's seat.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked me confused.

"That's my seat" I said.

The girl looked at me even more confused and so did her friend.

"I apologize for my friend, can we join you two?" Jay joined the conversation with a smile on his face.

The two girls looked at each other and then nodded. Jay asked the waiter for two bottles of soju while he grabbed a chair to sit on. Jay occupied a seat next to the other girl which meant I had to sit next to the girl who's sitting on Haeun's seat.

"I'm Mari" She said.

"Nice name" I replied as I started to pour soju into my shot glass.

I throw the liquor in my throat, refilled it, drank it, reiffiled it again and then drank it. Jay was smart when he suggested to grab a drink.

"Did your girlfriend break up with you or what?" Mari asked with a soft chuckle.

"Close, except for the fact she is not my girlfriend.. Yet" I answered.

"Yet?" Mari responded puzzled.

"It's complicated, you wouldn't understand even if I told you why" I said while I refilled my shot glass.

"But.. Are you still available for other girls?" Mari asked with a smirk on her lips.

She moved closer to me. Our shoulders were pressed together and Mari had her hand on my thigh. Even though I wanted to push her away, I don't want to be rude and arrogant.

I looked over at Jay who was sitting across from me. He had his arm wrapped around Mari's friend's shoulder and these faces were inches apart. It looked like they would start make out in any second.

I looked back at Mari who still had her eyes locked on me. When I'm looking at Mari, I can't help but see Haeun in her. Is it wrong if I pretend Mari is Haeun? I am in need for blood because that's what's keeps me alive, but I don't want to hurt someone I like in order to keep me alive.

"Let's go somewhere else" I said.

I drank up the liquor in my shotglass and then walked away with Mari. She led me to the bathroom which started to remind me of when me and Haeun did 7 minutes of heaven inside Jay's pantry. Mari just keeps being more and more like Haeun.

Mari closed and locked the bathroom door and I didnt want to waste any more seconds. I pushed Mari against the bathroom door and my lips were pressed against her. My hands were roaming around her hips, waist and back while Mari wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer.

Mari started to walk off the bathroom door while she let our lips go deeper and deeper. She placed me on the toilet and sat down on my lap. I keep imagining Haeun being the one on my lap making out with me right now which makes me go insane on the inside. I reached the point where I can't control myself anymore.

I switched the position on me and Mari, she on the toilet and me on her lap. At the same time I smashed my fangs at her, sucking and drinking all the blood inside her body. I could hear Mari moaning in pain in my ears but it sounded like a background voice because all I could think about was.. Haeun..

I immediately backed off from Mari, letting her body fall down on the ground while I stared at her terrifyingly. This feels so wrong, for absolutely no reason it feels so wrong like I just committed a crime or something. But I haven't committed a crime, this is normal, this is what I'm supposed to do in order to survive.

I turned around and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My white fangs and teeth are now red and blood is dripping from my mouth. This is my first time seeing myself after drinking from someone and I don't like what I see.

This shows why vampires are called monsters because that's what we are, monsters.

I quickly washed my mouth really quickly and then ran out from the bathroom. I can't be here much longer, I need to go out. Even though Jay was busy making out with Mari's friend, he still noticed me running out from the bathroom. He stood up and got after me by grabbing my shoulder.

"What is going on Sunghoon, did something happen?" Jay asked worriedly.

"I-I just need to be alone" I answered.

I removed Jay' hand from my shoulder and continued to run until I was outside. It feels like I have a multiple kilograms on my chest because I can barely catch my breath even though I'm standing outside, surrounded by fresh air.

And I thought talking with Haeun about how I feel was going to be my only mistake today.