028 | misunderstood heroes

S U N G H O O N

I hate this part of life. I don't want to be fake and pretend to be someone else by putting up an act. But I need to do what I have to do in order to protect and save Haeun.

I wish I could call myself the hero but that would be another part of pretending to be someone else. Everybody loves the hero and wants to be the hero, but in the end someone has to be the villain and in this story it is me.

Who the hero is in our story is another question I can't answer. All I know is that it's not me. But just because I consider myself as the villain doesn't it mean I'm evil. Once upon a time I was evil, but then I realized it was not my sort of lifestyle. It didn't fit me that well.

But now I have to go back to my previous lifestyle in order to protect Haeun.

As I walked into the campus area, my eyes immediately started to look after Jay. I found him sitting on a bench by himself, looking at his phone. Jay stood up and started to head towards the school building while his eyes were still on his face. I let out a sign before I quickly caught up on him.

"What's up Jay" I said while I swung my arm around his shoulder.

"And what do you want?" Jay responded with an irritated tone.

"What I want? Is it weird to walk up to your best friend and ask how they are?" I replied with a chuckle.

"Am I really your best friend? Based on your behavior lately, do I have a very hard time believing I still have the title as your best friend. At least you are not my best friend anymore, sorry not sorry but why would I after everything you have done?" Jay said.

"Jay, look-" I said.

I stopped walking and slowly removed my arm from Jay's shoulder. Jay looked at me and waited for me to continue talking. Even though his facial expressions ar hard to read, at least he stays and actually wants to listen to me.

I expected Jay to walk away as soon as I came up to him but I guess I was wrong. Jay may say he hates me but I know between the lies he says he misses me. And I know that because to be honest, I feel the same way too.

"I haven't been completely honest with you, my parents or anyone in my surrounding for that matter. I wanted to tell you the full truth but I was going to be able to fool Haeun, I had to fool everyone else too" I said.

"What do you mean?" Jay asked.

"What I mean is that the relationship between me and Haeun were all fake. The things I did and the things I said were never real, it was all an act. Neither you nor my parents are supposed to be involved in this mess but I had to in order to have Haeun wrapped around my finger" I said with a smirk.

"In fact, the only thing that wasn't acting was when I felt terrified to drink. But it was because I saw my reflection in the mirror afterwards and I looked absolutely disgusting with all the blood in my mouth.." I added with a soft chuckle while I scratched my neck.

"Did you really think I would choose you over a girl? That I would go against you, my family, my legacy and my nature just for a girl?" I asked while I smirked again.

Jay was silent. Once again was his facial expression impossible to read.

"I fucking hate you" Jay said while he walked away, probely because he didn't want me to see the smile on his lips.

"I did fool you so hard, didn't I?" I responded happily while I swung my arm around Jay's shoulder again.

"Of course you did!" Jay replied.

I let out a small laughter after listening to Jay's reply, but my laughter immediately stopped as soon as my eyes caught Haeun. I quickly looked away before Hauen would notice me as well.

"I want you to follow me home after school by the way. I have some inside information to share with you and my parents" I said.

🌥️

With that said, did me and Jay teleport over to my house once school ended. Jay has tried to squeeze out a hint of the inside information the whole day but he didn't succeed. Haeun and Jay did a one to one match during the martial arts class today which was the highlight of the day.

Jay was too confident before the match but after Haeun kept beating him and won over him, the confident Jay was nowhere to be seen. I thought he knew at this point that he shouldn't underestimate Haeun.

Me and Jay walked into the kitchen to find my parents. Both of my parents were happy to see Jay with me again, but they were also confused why.

"Long story short, I had to set up an act for the three of you in order to get inside information from Haeun" I said.

"What type of information did you get?" My father asked while he walked towards me.

"I did just like you ordered me, I stayed close to Haeun to bring us closer to her family. The bae family will travel up to Seoul tomorrow to kill us" I answered.

"That's my son!" My father exclaimed out of happiness.

Even though it's heartwarming to see my parents gain back their trust in me and have Jay by my side again. It still breaks my heart since what I'm telling them is not true. They believe Haeun is the one who is fooled when in fact it is them.

Either my parents nor Jay have done anything wrong since their actions are based on their destiny. But even though my parents and my best friend share the same destiny doesn't it mean I do as well. I formed my own destiny instead of following the one I was assigned to.

This is another explanation why I believe I'm the villain in this story. A hero would sacrifice you to save the world, but a villain would sacrifice the world to save you. In other words, villains are misunderstood heroes whose story hasn't been told.