Chapter 16

After two weeks my wounds have finally healed. I'm able to wear high heels again and look nice in a dress without an injured hand. I still have little marks and they will probably stay as some scars but that doesn't matter. I don't find it ugly. Valentin has some too. Right in his face. And they suit him well. They tell a story and so do mine because they also make sure I'll never forget what happened. I'm learning from them. A few weeks ago I would've cried about having a marked body but I feel things changing. My perspective is changing. I don't know if I like that yet but I like the things he's teaching me.

I put on a tight, red dress that ends right under my ass but I'm not sure if it'll be the dress for the night. It's strapless and shimmers. Somehow I feel like I can do better and be even hotter. Maybe more confident. I know it because I don't feel really comfortable in this one. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't like strapless dresses. They look awkward on me.

While I'm looking at myself in the mirror, the door opens all of a sudden and Valentin walks in. My eyebrows nosedive. He isn't dressed for tonight yet. He's calm and relaxed. That's a good sign because I want to have fun tonight. No arguments, no fights. I've been waiting for this for so long and meanwhile got used to this place like it's my home. I want to feel hot, sexy and attractive again. Have fun, see people, dance, not be me for a night and get naughty. I want to do whatever comes to my mind and act however I feel. I only got to do that with Max and since she's not here, I'll have to do it with Valentin. Even if he'll try to stop me from acting like a brat. I didn't use to party often but whenever I did, I felt free because the music, the lights and the people made me forget about everything. They carried me away and I forgot about everything that breaks my heart because in a club, I didn't need anyone to care for me. I didn't want attention or to be loved. Outside of the clubs, I needed it like air. Especially whenever I thought of home.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I ask, shrugging. He cocks his head, looking at me with hooded eyes. "I don't need to knock on the doors in my own house." He says and I roll my eyes. He's right. It was a stupid question. He sits down on the cushioned stool in the middle of my closet and looks down at me with these greedy eyes. My body gets warm immediately. In these past two weeks we got close a few times but nothing really happened.

"You're not going out like this." He says. I turn my body towards him to face him better. I wasn't sure about this dress either but now that he's telling me to not wear it, I'm considering to wear it, just to provoke him. There's no way he plays the pimp that tells me what I can wear or not. "Why's that?" I ask, hoping he has a valid reason. Maybe the club we're going to has a dress code or we'll see some of his mafia people there who would judge me for walking around like this next to him. Only then I would change because I respect his name.

"Because you look hot." His sudden honesty makes me halt for a moment and my cheeks glow pink. "You look so sexy that I would fuck you really really hard, if you wouldn't insist in going out..." he continues, shocking me even more. I'm asking myself, if this is a dream. He hasn't said anything like that in these past two weeks. He was distracted. He was totally busy with work and I was alone most of the time. Dante, Cesare and some other guys kept walking in and out so I spent most of my time in the backyard and with June. Only sometimes our ways crossed and he got close to me but we didn't speak much. Something must've happened but I have no idea what. Whatever it is, it takes a lot of his time. It's probably not about my father because I know he would've told me if that was the case. He would've made sure to let me know so I can hate him even more. Something else must be going on. It's not like he dedicated his life to my father. He has other jobs, missions and enemies to take care of.

But it seems like it only took a red dress to get his attention back to me.

Now my cheeks are growing red and I feel a throbbing between my legs. My heart starts pounding faster and I have to swallow. The room is suddenly warmer than before. My skin is getting hot and I have to press my thighs together to suppress the throbbing on my clit. He notices that but doesn't say a word about it. Instead he keeps looking relaxed and feels how he's winning again. I need to focus on the subject.