The sky

Anastasia 

Two weeks later Valentin is working hard on finishing my father. Stealing and blocking his bank accounts, destroying his reputation, making sure my mom stays somewhere in Europe and his downfall comes faster than he expects. During all of this my father his blackmailing him and visiting regularly to threaten him but I haven't seen him do much yet. He's all about words. And I haven't seen him yet because I always hid when he came over. I'm not ready to face him and I don't know what would happen if I'd do. It's not like he would care and want to see me since he didn't ask for me once during his visits but I still feel uncomfortable with the thought of meeting him. I wish I would never have to see him again. It could be that easy.

I handled things with Max pretty well. She was so worried and confused that I had a hard time calming her down but at the end it worked. With a lot of pressure, many lies and half truths. I don't know if she believes everything I said but at least she didn't ask me more and made it hard for me. It didn't get awkward. I'm glad Max is an easy person and not hard to convince. She won't cause any problems. I'm thankful for that.

Valentin is gone tonight, working in his office which I don't like because I'm still scared of heights. His office is a nightmare to me so that's one place I don't follow him to, although he always insists, telling me he'll keep the curtains closed. It still can't change the fact that I feel uncomfortable and weird up there. The atmosphere up there is different. So I prefer to stay home, although he doesn't feel fine with that. That's why he always has more security than usually around the house at these times. Clara and Ciara are downstairs, doing their jobs while I'm in our room, reading a book in front of the window. Valentin allowed me to do some changes to his room so I'd feel comfortable in it since it's ours now. It was way too cold and blanc before so I made sure to do some changes after a lot of shopping and talking to June.

I like how this place has a hint of me now. It doesn't feel like I moved in with him anymore, it feels like it's our home and I like that.

Noises in the hallway catch my attention. I put my book to the side and get up from the big pillows I placed in front of the floor-length windows and approach the door. As I open it I get confronted with darkness. The lights are out and it's silent. "Clara?" I call her down the hallway. It's snowing outside, which is why I was reading in front of the window. The view was so breathtaking that I decided to enjoy this beautiful evening in silence, with a book and a warm drink. I felt like I was in a Christmas fairytale. So the weather could be the reason why the maids want to make the place a little cozier but I don't get an answer. "Ciara?" I shout. No answer again. I decide to walk down the dark hallway, barely seeing anything. They probably thought I'm already sleeping so they turned off the lights. I should've taken my phone with me to use the flashlight. I know June is not here so I don't even call for her. My bare feet carry me to the stairs and as I reach them get shivers. It's cold. Someone must've let a window open.

Suddenly I hear a little growl before someone wraps an arm around me and places a hand on my mouth. My eyes widen as my pulse shoots up and I start to scream but it only comes out muffled against the leather glove. I fight against the strong figure that holds me so tightly that it hurts. The scent tells me that it's a man. He pushes me. We go down the stairs, although I dig my heels into the ground.

No...

I want to scream my lugs out and fight but he's holding me tightly. I can't even rip his hand off my mouth. All I can do is dig my feet in the ground to make it hard for him to move, shove me or drag me but it doesn't help. He still manages to push me, not letting me go for a second. I squirm and fight until he turns on the lights in the entrance.