vi

It was almost a week since Thrush had convinced Horizon and Toad to go in the Shadow Forest, and the rose vines in the territory of The Shadow Cats had only grown more. Thrush felt strangely comfortable around them, and they didn't bother her too much. Occasionally, she'd managed to fall asleep on them. Whenever she was in contact with them, the vines around her loosened, which was nice, as the thorns hurt quite a lot, though Thrush barely noticed. She was fairly certain that they tightened by the day.
Thrush jumped as she heard a screech of shock. She blinked, not realizing that she'd fallen asleep, and saw Leaf staring at her in shock. Thrush sighed and got to her paws, walking over to her from the vine where she'd fallen asleep.
"Wha-I-" Leaf looked shocked. "You..You had vines on you, just a moment ago...what's going on?"
Thrush blinked. Had the vines become visible? Perhaps it was the bigger vine? She simply shrugged. She didn't want to tell Leaf about what she, Horizon, and Toad had done, as she felt some small, distant prick of embarrassment. Thrush also realized that she'd grown and was now at Leaf's shoulder height.
"Are you okay?" Leaf asked, her voice quiet. She obviously was still shocked. Thrush nodded. "I'm always okay." She purred, padding off. She glanced over her shoulder to see Leaf staring at her. She looked fearful.
Maybe...maybe she should fear me. Satisfaction bloomed deep inside of Thrush. It was the first true e otion she'd felt since they'd went into the Shadow Forest. Yes, Leaf should fear her. Every cat should fear her. Thrush padded off.