vxiii

Toad flicked his stub as he surveyed the camp. It had been overrun with vines and he was fairly certain that there was no way he'd be able to pad through it without being touched. No cats were there, so they must've evacuated.
Horizon flicked her tail from beside him. "It's got an odd beauty to it."
"It does." Thrush hummed. Toad nodded. He rose to his paws. "Maybe we should go find the other Shadow Cats, before they get suspicious."
Horizon bobbed her head. "Alright, let's go."
++++
After a bit of looking and guesstimating, the three finally managed to catch a scent and traced it to The Dawn Cats' camp.
"Toad!" Finch cheered, running at him. He stumbled back, caught off-guard. "Thrush! You're alright! I was so worried!" Finch let out a sigh of relief and Toad blinked at her.
"Have you seen Leaf or Adder anywhere?" Snake worried. "Adder got caught by the vines and Leaf went to save her, but then they got stuck in a hole."
Horizon shook her head. "We haven't seen them." She mewed. Toad glanced over at her, but she didn't react. He shrugged. "Where do you think they could be?"
Finch sighed. "I don't know."
"We'll find them eventually." Clover meowed, although he looked a bit doubtful. His gaze was determined. "I refuse to name another second until Leaf returns.
Flame sighed. "You may stay however long you like. We're sorry about your camp, we thought you had it under control?"
"We did." Clover sighed. "They'd stopped growing, but..." He shrugged.
Toad blinked as he realized the chaos that he, Horizon, and Thrush were causing. It was quite fun to watch. Had the vines not reached the other territories yet? They would just have to wait and see.