vvi

Toad flicked his stub. "It's not far."
"Isn't this the Shadow Forest?" Cloud asked, looking worried. "Is this cool thing in here?"
Toad nodded. "Yep." He led Cloud into the forest. Toad tried his best to comfort Cloud on the way there sp that he didn't try to leave, but Cloud seemed to be determined to see the 'cool thing' that Toad was going to show him.
As they came to the entrance of the cave, Toad saw something flash across Cloud's gaze, but it was gone too quickly for him to recognize it.
He led the tom into the cave. "Welcome, Cloud." He purred, "Here is the cool thing."
Cloud stiffened. "I know what you're doing."
Toad paused.
"I don't understand why." Cloud murmured. "And I want my friend back."
Toad growled. "That's too bad."
Cloud spared a glance at Toad before dashing off. He heard Horizon snarl and leapt down from where she's been waiting, following Cloud, who leapt at a large Stalactite in the ceiling. It shook and he yelped as it cracked, falling with him. As he fell, Toad heard a snap and felt satisfaction fill him. Cloud couldn't get away now.
There was an ominous rumble and Cloud got to his paws, winced, collapsed, got back up, and then limped off, but Toad was too focused on the strange rumbling.
"The cave's collapsing!" Horizon yowled. Toad bristled. What would happen to the cave? He shook himself. No, he had to get out with Horizon! He had to be safe! He and Horizon dashed out of the cave, and Toad glanced back, feeling a strange sense of hopelessness swamp him as the cave collapsed.