vx

Toad flicked his stub as he waited for Horizon and Thrush to return. They had all agreed that they needed something bigger than last time.
Toad was not, however, expecting for Horizon and Thrush to return with bloody paws and a dead body.
"What.." Toad squinted at the body and Horizon slipped her tail over his mouth. "The Lost Spirits haven't struck us down yet, so they must be fine with it."
Toad nodded. "They'll stop us if they have a problem with it."
Thrush let out a deep purr. "I just hope we won't be knocked out again."
Toad nodded, flicking his stub again. "Alright, let's go."
Horizon agreed to carry the...sacrifice...and the three headed into the cave once more.
Toad glanced over at Horizon and Thrush. "Are we ready?"
"I think so." Thrush nodded.
"I went last time, so you go this time." Toad huffed. Horizon rolled her eyes and strolled over to the center of the carvings.
Horizon set down the body and slowly, the ground began rumbling. Toad didn't cower this time, however. He stood tall, feeling the vines along his shoulders and ears loosen, although a few of them grew and snaked around his chest.
"We should go." Horizon meowed, her gaze shadowed. Toad nodded. "Come on, Thrush."
Thrush was still staring, but sighed and followed Toad and Horizon out.