Chapter 17

I helped Sam of the bed of my truck and we went inside. This whole time I can't help but think about kissing her and taking her home, but we have real issues to discuss.

"So this is it? Huh? Nice." She said and her feet scuffed the dirt driveway. My mom held the screen door open for us and she said she'd be out back.

"I haven't seen Dominick in so long! First night here and he's got a girl!" She cooed on the phone to someone. I felt my face get hot and I quickly led Sam down the hall to my room. It's sort of close to the kitchen so everyone can hear everything.

Sam's pov:

I liked his quaint little house, it must be hard for him to adjust because it's no palace.

I was really nervous for this conversation, and absolutely freaking out about some flashes I saw walking inside his house. He had a window that you could see right through I kept eyeing one man dressed in black with a Kodak across the way outside the window. However, Dominick didn't seem to notice any of them so I tried to stay calm.

"Sooo." I said establishing that there was an awkward silence.

"Oh yea... well." I saw his already red face get more blotchier.

"Are you ok?" I asked him noticing his sweaty palms and how nervous he was.

"Uh- yea." He shook his head trying to focus. He is really trying hard to hold something back.

"You sure?" I said standing up I don't know why, maybe If I had to get him a cup of water or something.

He stood up quickly too.

"I really like you Sam. But I don't want to be with someone I'm scared will tear me apart. I know you were hurt too, because when you love something you love with all you have.... I know that because that's how I am, and I'm in love with you and you broke my heart. I can't deal with that type of pain again, I really can't." He poured out as I listened to every word.

"Yea... I understand. I mean I really like you too and I'm still trying to figure all of this out. I mean it's all so fast, all of these things. I am not used to any of this, at all. Guys don't ever talk to me. But anyways, Dominick I wouldn't say I'm sorry for not reason and I am beyond sorry. I don't know what got into me, I feel so bad because I didn't know that I had feelings for you or that my feelings for Lucas were all a lie. Its not something you'd ever imagine to Happen to you, you know?" I said and saw a flash. Dominick saw it too. I could tell it interrupted his train of thought.

"That is really reassuring, thanks. Do you wanna go for a walk or something? Get away from here?" He said taking my hand. I nodded and we walked along the sidewalk. Every so often a black figure would dive in a bush.

"They are everywhere." I whispered in his ear.

"Just ignore them, you're with me now. They won't hurt you." He said and side hugged me tight. I kept my eyes ahead trying to believe every word he said.

We kept walking and since its a small town we ended up at my house. I was sort of bummed Josie wasn't here but I haven't talked to her since we landed and I have a feeling she's a little cross about that.

"Woa, are those beauties yours?" He said looking on to my little ranch.

"Yea, Jasmine and Piper. They remind me of yours especially Daisy." I smiled looking at my horses, I missed them so much.

"They are beautiful, makes me miss Dorothy that much more.... but it was her time. Wouldn't want her suffering any longer." He said with his head down and his voice cracked.

"There wasn't anything you could do! She's in a better place." I tried to comfort him and rubbed my hand through his hair and wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Still, she was my only friend. She was my everything for the longest time. You don't understand, we had a bond. Imagine ever losing your horses!" He wailed. I thought about it, and I would be completely devastated.

I really hated seeing him so distressed. I pulled him behind a tree and placed my lips on his. I was kissing him. He instantly perked up and kissed back wrapping his hands around my waist softly pecking my cheeks and lips with smiles and I giggled because his kisses tickled.

"Hahah, perfect. I feel better now!" He chuckled and pecked my nose.

I kissed the crook of his neck and saw his face redden as he grabbed my hands and pulled me to face him.

"Save it." He said and side hugged me and continued walking through my backyard.

"I like when we spend time together." I said wrapping his arms tighter around me.

"Me too, haha I like it a lot. You take my mind off the bad things. And make me smile when I'm close to tears-"

"Haha okay you can stop now, too deep." I chuckled and nudged his shoulders. He smiled at me which made my stomach fluter and my knees weak.

"Sam! There you are! I have been waiting for four hours at the restaurant!" Josie said trudging through my yard in a nice dress and I was confused.

"Dominick leave! Now!" She said angrily and I spotted Steve in the truck with his head down.

"What's going on?" Dominick defended putting his hands up in the air innocently.

"You're stealing my friend! She didn't even come to my engagement party!! She said she was waiting for a ride and little did I know she's with you! At her house! I waited for hours at the restaurant waiting for you! You weren't even there! What kind of friend are you?! For some stupid boy! I thought we were just talking about this!" She was furious.

"I'm sorry, I thought it was just some dinner honestly I had no clue it was the actual engagement party." I defended honestly.

"It was a surprise! If you were actually paying attention you would've heard Steve announce the plans!!" She growled i frustration.

"Ok, I'll be there tomorrow just us and Steve? Ok?" I said trying to come to a compromise.

"No! Just forget it! See you at work if I have too and that's it! I'm done trying with you." She said and stormed off.

She walked right into a newly formed group of paparazzi. She turned back around hastily and glared at me.

"This is all your fault." She said and shoved the camera men out of her way.