Chapter 23

"Hey! Brat let go get to work!" Josie said jumping on my bed.

"Nooo! It's too early!" I moaned even though I was really excited I'm about to work with Josie again. I felt the sheets get ripped off me and I growled. I moped to the dresser and grabbed some clothes and got dressed.

"Can you make me my coffee? Then we can go." I said and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"Ok I guess I can do that." She rolled her eyes playfully and tased me as she walked past me to the kitchen.

We got ready and as I fixed the rearview mirror Josie applied her red lipstick.

"Hey mama! We're back." I smiled but it quickly fell when I saw Anna observing Josie. Oh god, I knew I forgot something.

"Anna, I don't think you've met my sis Josie." I said and introduced them.

"Sam, seriously why is she wearing my apron?" Josie whispered to me annoyed.

"Long story but it's irrelevant now, can you just give and Anna I second?"

"Yea, I have too." She rolled her eyes and went behind the counter to start collecting orders.

"Sam? What's the matta?" Anna asked me chewing her gum obnoxiously.

"I'm, gunna have to let you go. Sorry Anna, I made a mistake." I winced, it was my first time firing somebody and I didn't know how she would take it.

"That's alright, I was just sticking around because you seemed lonely. Peace!" She gave a friendly smile and gathered her belongings.

"Jos, you don't realize how much I missed you." I said to her as I hugged her again.

"Hey, I love you sis! I came back, I always will." She smiled. I laughed and helped her with the dishes.

"So did you talk to Lucas?" She asked me.

"Do you really want to hear my boring stories." I said remember that's why we got into that fight in the first place.

"I do, Sam im here for you and it ok. I was being a spoiled jerk face too." She laughed.

"Plus, it's like I'm watching some soap opera or something! It's so juicy!" She teased and laughed again.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. But no he is actually a good guy. He was going back to Cambridge after I last spoke to him. There isn't any bad blood anymore. I don't know how Dominick feels about him now though." I shrugged. If I thought about it too much id probably get a headache and very confused.

"Sam, so you forgave him?" She asked very curiously.

"Yea, I guess so. It's no big deal, I'm not talking to him anymore." I told her to clear things up because I sense her suspicion.

"Oh, ok. I mean Sam he was the most Charming boy ever. If you are on good terms again there is no telling what he could do. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I mean if you want what's going with Dominick. I don't knowwwww." She said

"What do you mean?" I said confused.

"I am saying, you fell so hard for Lucas. Like really hard. He was sweet and treated you like a princess. Dominick was there for you. I don't know I mean you probably do love them both it's just that Lucas can make any girl swoon, if you know what I mean." She smirked

"I love Dominick. Lucas is out the picture and I won't ever get back together with him Jos. If you want to go ahead." I teased:. She hit my shoulder playfully then went to wipe off another booth.

LUCAS: safe at home in the palace. Surprisingly not getting blasted by my family as I suspected. The press were having a field day at my doorstep. My mothers solution to this was to find me a proper girlfriend. She is not my type at all but I hope I can learn to love her. I suppose we can all try and be happy now. You will forever be my greatest mistake Sam, ~Lucas

I read the text as I got home from my shift.

Me: I suppose we can all be happy now as well

LUCAS: why do you suppose? I suppose because this girl is far from you whom I have to be in a relationship with

Me: I suppose because life is uncertain, where will I be in five years???

LUCAS: oh I see, maybe we will all be happy in the end

Me: maybe we will, maybe I will land on you because highs don't last forever but the ground is pretty sweet and must not be underrated