Chapter 2

The three days I had to wait sped by, it helped I had to work extra shifts to occupy my time. So now, finally, the day has come.
Today I am going to New York City.

"Josie Josie! Get up get up! We are late!" I screamed slapping my alarm clock that has been going off for twenty minutes. I was dreaming about the trip and I might not even get to go if we don't zip it to the airport.

"If we don't leave now we are going I be late!" I said pulling Josie out of the bed she slept in last night. I made her sleep over so we wouldn't have this problem I am usually alway the punctual one.

"Ok"!" She said jumping out I bed and grabbing her suitcase. I tried to brush my hair.

"No time! We have to go like this! Now!" Josie said grabbing my arm.

"I have to say by to my parents!" I said trying to get her to slow down at least a bit.

"They will understand! If you say bye we will never leave! So you won't have to say goodbye! Let's go! Grab your suitcase I'm driving!" She said throwing stuff into her purse searching for her driver's license.

"Bye y'all!" I said as I dropped all of my stuff in the bed of the truck and my parents stood in the doorframe waving back at us.

"Come on! Come on! Go go!" I screamed as we sped off.

"I am! I don't want to get a ticket though either!" She said patting the steering wheel in frustration. I sighed and put my face in my hands.

We finally arrive at the airport and go through the enormous security as fast as we could waiting in lines only made me more anxious.

"Ticket ma'am." The airport official said.

"Yep, hold on one sec." I said digging through my bag.

"What? Uh-oh. I put it right here in my bag! Where did it go?" I said starting to freak out.

"Ma'am no ticket, you may not advance any further." He said again.

"Come on she bought the ticket can't you just look in your files or something?" Josie said desperately.

"We are already late our plane leaves in twenty minutes!" I sighed trying to stay composed.

"Uh Mrs, you're ticket consisting of a trip to New York?" A man with a British accent said. He was covered in sunglasses a hood and it looks like a very concealed fake mustache. I could tell it was fake just because of the countless hours Josie has spent talking to me about hair magazines.
Josie nudged me, she noticed I was staring and we really had to get going.

"Yes! Thank you so much! What's your name?" I said out f curiosity.

"Lucas. Uh ernm.... Lucas .....Airland." He said. I didn't have time to stay and chat.

"Thanks gotta go." I said and took the ticket and gave it to the man to scan. We finally went through all of the steps and just barely made it to board our plane.

I let out a huge sigh of relief as Josie called the window seat and I put our carry on luggage in the overhead compartment.

"We made it." Josie said with a smile breathing in the air.

"I know! I'm so exited!" I said and clapped my hands and giggled.

I leaned over to see how to recline my chair and that same guy who found my ticket almost took off my head.

"Excuse me, Miss. With my apologies, I didn't see you there." He said.

"It's fine." I swallowed and looked away. After he made his way into the very, very back of the plane I realized how young he actually was. About my age he seemed.