Chap. 2

SUNDAY, JUNE 25TH, 1978

CARLY'S POV: 

It was a normal day, I can assure you. I was jamming out to the beach boys in the guest room of my aunt Mel's house, screaming along like the popular girl on karaoke night. As my favorite song, 'I get around' came on, I started to sing even louder. 

I felt like a god damn popstar. I got on the bed, stood on it, and started to dance my heart out whilst singing into a hairbrush. I know, it's embarrassing, I didn't ask you to remind me. I was acting like an idiot, until my mom walked in and I fell on my ass. 

"Carly- oh, well somebodies on the phone for you" my mom said, and I shrugged "Who is it?" I asked, and my mom sighed "he says his name is Finn" 

"Finn? Oh I know Finn, he's Robin's best friend mom" I said, and mom looked at me "Oh is he that nerdy boy with the curly hair that likes that girl, y/n? Is that her name?"

"yea" I replied, picking up the phone. "Finn! Hi! What's up?" I asked, and I heard sobs on the other end of the phone "Finney? Finn what happened? Are you okay? Can I talk to Robin?" I asked, and he started crying more. 

"You can't.." he said, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What? Why not?" 

"because... The Grabber got him... a-and he got Y/N"

My heart felt like it was just pulled out of my chest. I collapsed to the floor in sobs, my mom catching me on the way down. I ugly cried, as aunt Mel hung up the phone. "What happened?" mom asked aunt Mel, and she looked down at me. 

"Robin's missing.." aunt Mel croaked out, bending down and rubbing my back. He can't be gone, it's impossible, why? Why choose him? Out of everyone? And why Y/N? I knew she wanted revenge after Vance, but I didn't believe she would go this far..

"W-we h-have to f-find h-h-him" I stuttered in between sobs. My mom grabbed her keys, and gestured for Mel to grab her suitcase. When they got back, she looked at me, handed me my suitcase and said "and we will", before grabbing my hand and bringing me to the car. 

We were still a decent drive away from home, so it would be awhile. But I didn't care. I would find him, even if it meant I have to die for it, get kidnapped, anything. 

Boy, my father would not be proud of me...

_____________

MEANWHILE: 

YOUR POV:

I woke up, a dull ache in the back of my head. I groaned, and tried to pick up my hand and rub my temples. After a while I succeeded, sitting up. I noticed I had been sleeping on a dusty mattress, with Robin still passed out next to me. 

Scattered around the room were four boys, and one in particular. "VANCE!" I screamed, running off the bed and jumping into his arms. "heyy sis!" he smiled, hugging me back, and another boy sneered "woah Vance Hopper is actually being nice for once"

"Shut up, Billy" Vance said, glaring at him. Another boy, I think his name is Bruce, yes Bruce Yamada. He rolled his eyes and said "do you guys ever get along?" and everybody, even the boy who hasn't said a single thing yet, Griffin Stagg, nodded. 

As we had our bickering moment, Robin started to awaken. "What the f*ck happened?" he asked, and Bruce answered. "You were kidnapped, by The Grabber himself. Trust us, it's not an honor. Anyway, don't worry we won't hurt you, well Vance might. Oh my, I mean, you were abducted into a cellar with no way out" 

"WAIT! NO WAY OUT!" I screamed, looking at them. "Somebody lost their sh*t" Griffin mumbled, going back to what he was doing before. "Oh no! Oh no! What about Finn! I can't just leave him! No no no!" I freaked, and Vance looked at me. 

"hey sis, chill. Finn's fine. I'm like, 0% sure but it's whatever" he said, and Billy rolled his eyes. "That did not f*cking help you idiot" he snickered, and Vance gave him another sarcastic eye roll, something he was absolutely infamous for. 

We were all talking and chatting, when the chamber done bust open, and there he stood, belt in hand, staring down at us, 

The Grabber. 

__________

LATER THAT NIGHT:

CARLY'S POV: 

We finally made it back into town. When we pulled into the driveway, I ran like at the speed of a lightning bolt to Finn's house. It was only like six blocks away, and I'm a really, really, strong runner, so I kept up that same steady pace reaching his house. 

As I sat at his porch panting and gasping for air, he opened the door. Tears were stained at his cheeks, his face was red, and his hair was a mess. "Carly..?" he asked, and I looked at him in the eyes now. He was a mess, and so was I.

"I thought-"

"We came back early. Now let's find Robin" I said, dragging him out of his house. "Wait! I have somebody who can help!" he said, and I stared at him blankly "Who?" I asked, and he ran back inside. I swear, if he brings a f*cking teddy bear or something..

No, he brought Gwen. "OK now we can go" he said, as I dragged both of them out on the streets. "Now, where were they last seen?" I asked, and Gwen led the way. It was the candy shop, the small hidden one Robin absolutely loves and adores.

I stared at the crime scene, as we drifted away. They were abducted on the way back, so we started taking their footsteps backwards. And honestly, I wish I never did. As we looked I started crying and pointed to the end of the roadway. 

There, tied to a loose brick, were them. 

Black Balloons. 

________________________________________________________________________________

OK! So this was an interesting chapter to write about! slay