Chap. 4

MONDAY, JUNE 27TH, 1978 

CARLY'S POV:

I walked along the blazing sidewalk, the horrific and scorching sidewalk searing through my green high top Converse. My dark brown hair fell down my back, waving like a beach curl sort of thing. I was wearing my favorite green tank top, and some denim shorts. 

Not my best outfit ever, but when you're trying to find your missing, probably dead, boyfriend, you really don't give a sh* what you are wearing while doing it. I could dress way better than this, f*ck I could dress like it's the red carpet, doesn't mean I'm going too. 

I was walking with Finney, who was explaining a plan to find Robin to me. His plan was basically begging Jesus to give him back. I honestly don't agree with that, but it is whatever, I don't really care that much. 

That was when a car stopped by us, and a man with dark brown hair smiled at us. His car was white and small, reminding me of a certain somebody. "Carly!" he shouted, embracing me in a hug. 

"Carly? You know Max?" 

"Yeah.." I muttered, as he hugged me. "Oh it is great to see you again! I'm staying with uncle Albert right now, it is pretty cool dude! I'm even studying the missing kids cases. Sad what happened to Robin Arellano, I know you two were close" 

When Max finally left, Finn stared at me in confusion. "Who was that?" 

"My dad..." 

________________

MEANWHILE:

YOUR POV: 

I sat against the mattress, missing Finney to death. He was so adorable, his blonde shaggy hair, his brown eyes that looked like a soft malt chocolate, and his pretty lips that curl into a smile every time I'm around. 

I love him, and I hope he loves me. I want to love him, to be there for him, take care of him, anything I can do regarding him, I would. But now I'm stuck down here, counting down the days I've been sitting in this basement, watching myself waste my life for something pointless and worthless. 

I was going to get out of here. I had to. I can't live my life down here, knowing I wasted it for nothing at all! I won't do that, I refuse. I refuse to lose to somebody like him, a creepy supposed serial killer and kidnapper that likes little kids. 

No, not me. I stared at Robin, who was fidgeting with his bandanna. "Where'd you get it?" I asked him, smiling. He always wears it, I just thought I might show some interest in it. "My dad gave it to me before he went to Vietnam. He never came back.." Robin muttered, and now I felt sorry I even asked. 

"I'm so sorry" 

"No it's fine, I'm okay talking about it" Robin smiled at me, twirling the bandanna in his hands, and around his fingers. I looked down in shame, as he spun it and spun it. The other boys were busy running around and laughing, when I decided I needed a plan. 

Maybe I could convince the boys to escape with me? Not maybe, I'm positive they would. They probably want to leave just as bad as I do. I just need to convince them, but how? What do I mean how, why should I be convincing somebody to leave a crummy a*s basement? 

It's stupid, I'm being stupid. I should just blurt it out to them, they'll understand, I'm sure of it. They don't want to stay here, I truly don't think, have faith in, or believe that anybody does. Maybe somebody that is crazy, but these boys seem pretty damn sane to me. 

I'm going to do it. 

"Hey guys?" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Prepare for this to be finished soon!!!! It's only 16 chapters, so it's an easy write.