Chap. 16

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD, 1978 

NOBODY'S POV: 

Finney stood at the grave. He stood there, waiting for his friends to show up and stand with him. After Robin's karate practice, him and Carly were sure to come here, along with the Hoppers, Yamadas, and everybody else in that stupid basement. There were two graves next to each other, bound for life, which Carly actually found disrespectful. Al and Max, brothers for life. 

Y/N survived their gunshot wound, planted on the ground as Finney carried them bridal style out of there. Outside, thousands of civilians, cops, reporters, ambulances, anything you could think of. Detectives swarmed the gang, along with worried parents, siblings, and friends. After that they were expected to move on with their lives. 

Vance moved on to pinball. He played everyday, even worse than before. Bruce went to baseball. Robin did karate, a way to keep him out of fighting. Y/N went to the hospital, Carly went to who the hell knows what, Finney assumed she went back to screaming the beach boys at full volume, Robin even confirmed. Billy refuses to be a paperboy, and is afraid to leave his house. Griffin is now more social, and Finney chose science. 

Y/N had killed The Grabber, shot him straight in the face. But not before he could take a shot at them, straight in the chest, around the ribcage area. The other kids said it was heroic. Vance liked their scar. Finney loved them just for them and them only. The Hopper's went back to their normal life, after one simple gunshot. 

Well, maybe not simple. It's traumatizing killing someone, even a pedophilic, sadistic, serial killer, who abducted you in his van, making you a victim to his horrendous crimes. It's hard to regain your old life, when you've adapted to a new one. But you do, you try to at least, and in the end, it almost never goes your way. So, you hold on to that little ounce of belief you'll be in the 13% of people that are okay after, knowing you'll be in the 87% whether you like it or not. They all were. 

Y/N now finally showed up to the graveyard, kissing Finney on the cheek, as he buried his face in their hand. They smiled, as everybody showed up. All in their own little worlds, pretending to be okay, ignoring the hindsight as if they were blind. They never spoke of that night, only shuddered at the thought of it, maybe if it was never brought up, they could pretend like it never happened. But it did happen, and one day crime podcasts and new technology will share their case for decades, to anybody who will listen. Soon, it will be a huge crime in the US, a popular one, the start of multi survivor abduction. A beginning, a breakthrough, the new beginning everybody has waited for. The case would grow and grow, and people will wonder how nobody ever saw it in the first place. 

They call it 'The Case of Albert 'The Grabber' Shaw' 

________________________________________________________________________________

THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED!