Chap. 11

SATURDAY, AUGUST 1ST, 1978 

YOUR POV:

"Robin Arellano are you f*cking with me? Cause it's not funny. F*ck, are you even Robin?" Carly shouted, and Robin tensed up. "What! NO! Hermosa,  you have to believe me!" he shouted, and she yelled back. 

"You don't even sound like Robin!" 

"Hermosa, we are talking through a walkie talkie!!" 

Just as Robin was about to add onto his original sentence, the walkie talkie beeped, signalling that it had died, dead as hell. "Well sh*t, fake Robin" I muttered, and he rolled his eyes at me. "How do we get out now?" Vance asked, and I rolled my eyes at him. 

"We walk out the front door" 

"We can?" Billy asked, and I slapped my hand against my forehead. "So..I take that as a no..." Billy asked, and I nodded. "Yeah, it's a no." I said, rolling my eyes again. We are so screwed. This is just great. 

Yeah, of course he didn't sound the same. Are we forgetting we are talking through literally the sh*ttiest walkie talkies on the planet? No offense Finney. 

Then again, we did just try and convince her that her uncle, the one she's staying with, is a sadistic serial killer, I can kind of see where she is coming from. Sh*t, maybe Robin needs to be more convincing. 

Whatever, we are screwed, may as well find a way to ask Finn out, may be the only time I get the chance to do so. F*ck you Grabber. F*ck you for ruining my life, my love life, my family, holy sh*t he ruined everything, my everything. 

And not his charming a*s persona. Like, he's pretty much a serial killer. But you know, who gives a f*ck about them? To others he's some dude that probably works as a f*cking secretary. F*ck him, honestly, and no, not in that way. 

I'm going to get out of here, I promise. I refuse, absolutely refuse, to die to a pathetic a*shole like him. He doesn't deserve sh*t, much less to take my life. Not happening. I will not allow it, nope, nada, hell to the f*cking no. 

I stare at the boys, my eyes wandering. 

Why the f*ck do walkie talkies have to use batteries? 

_______________________________

CARLY'S POV: 

"Hello? Dude? WHOEVER YOU ARE?" I shouted, as my uncle came in. "Anything wrong, darling" he asked, and I shuddered. His tone just made me so uncomfortable. And darling? Hell, I barely let Robin call me that, much less creepy a*s uncle Albert. 

I gulped, before lying "nope, all good, I was just talking to my uh...friend!" I smiled, and he nodded. "And what friend exactly?" he asked, and I thought to the very back of my head. "Taylor. Taylor Arellano" 

"Hmm sounds like a nice boy" 

"She is" 

His eyes widened, and he left the room. I sighed in relief, my eyes resting. I cannot believe I had to lie to my uncle. Which I shouldn't. My uncle is not The Grabber. It's literally impossible, I can't do it. 

My uncle Albert is not The Grabber

Or is he? 

________________________________________________________________________________