Chap. 9

SATURDAY, AUGUST 1ST, 1978 

CARLY'S POV: 

Last night was my first night here, and it sucked. The floor was literally vibrating from underneath me, like there is something down there. And, uncle Albert sat in a damn chair all night, shirtless, holding a belt. 

That b*tch is weird as f*ck. I was fiddling with my walkie talkie though, sort of wishing it was Robin on the other line instead of Finney. Don't get me wrong, I adore Finney, but I was, no I am, in love with Robin. 

But nobody picked up, again. 

And honestly, I don't think anybody ever will. 

I'm suspicious of him though. It just seems, well I don't know, wrong? Like there's something he's hiding from me and sperm donor, who is currently obsessing over Claudette Stagg, Griffin's single mom, for an interview. 

Poor Claudette. 

I wish I had been more careful. If I had stayed behind, not gone to aunt Mel's, would Robin be okay? Would that have changed anything? Is it my fault? Is it my fault he's probably dead. It is, I know it is. 

But maybe it's not. I know realistically I couldn't do anything to prevent it or stop it. But when I think about him, the way he used to be, with his stupid dirty bandanna he refused to clean, and really pretty hair, I can only feel one emotion, 

survivors guilt. 

___________________

MEANWHILE: 

YOUR POV: 

I waited all night for an idea. Griffin had nothing. Every day becomes pointless, and more pointless, and it's so stupid. I don't understand. This dude has been down here for like a year, and only just now is he planning an escape plan? Sir. 

"So like, what the f*ck did you do down here for a year?" I asked Griffin, and he stared at me. "What do you mean by that?"

"Like how did you pass time? Cause you obviously weren't doing this" 

Griffin just rolled his eyes at me, and continued to mark sh*t into the wall with a bottle cap. I guess you don't really question Griffin Stagg, because half the time you don't actually want to know. 

I felt vibrating upstairs. Like somebody was searching for something. Finn noticed it too, and turned around where his back was facing me. That's when I saw it. "Finn? What's in your back pocket?" I asked, and he pulled it out. 

"Oh it's a walkie talkie!"

"DOES IT WORK?" 

"I'm pretty sure it's dead" Finn said, playing around with it like it was a hunk of junk. "Give me that!" Griffin shouted, getting the channels correct. "Finney, this is very important" Griffin sighed, and Finn nodded. 

"Well? What is it?" 

"Yeah can we knock of the suspense" 

"Shut up Vance, I was just about to tell you" Griffin retorted, staring back at Finn. "Now for you" he took a deep breath, staring into Finn's chocolate brown eyes. "Who is on the other line?" Griffin asked, "and do they have theirs" 

"Oh it's Carly, but she's spending the week with her uncle, she told me she would bring it." 

"HER UNCLE?" 
________________________________________________________________________________