Chap. 10

SATURDAY, AUGUST 1ST, 1978 

YOUR POV:

Everybody was screaming at Finn, as he attempted to correct the channels. We couldn't believe it. Was Carly the girl upstairs? I wouldn't believe it, but Robin does, and apparently he knows her best, so we are supposed to listen to him and his sh*t. 

The walkie talkie was screaming static, and it killed our ears. "Dude, can that be any louder?" Vance groaned, pulling his hands over his ears protectively. "Sorry" Griffin mumbled, and a muffled girls voice came on the other line. 

"Hello? Finn? Is that you!? Are you okay!" the voice muffled, and the girl's voice could tell she was in absolute distress. Carly. Robin pushed us all out of the way and grabbed the walkie talkie. "Hello hermosa" he said, as the others visibly cringed. 

"Robin? You're okay? Oh God, oh god, holy sh*t where are you guys!" 

"We don't know darling, where are you?" 

"I-I came back when I found out you were missing. I'm staying at u-uncle Albert's with my dad." Carly stuttered, and Robin nodded. "Why? Why do you need to know?" Carly asked, and Robin sighed. 

"It's nothing hermosa" 

"Obviously it is" 

Robin sighed, and face palmed his hand towards his upper forehead. "A-are the others alive?" Carly asked, and we all nodded, saying. 

"Yup" 

"We are thriving!" 

"You didn't even know I was alive before, but yes, I am" 

"Yups!" 

"Mhm! Is Rover okay?" 

"Yeah" I said, and Carly audibly giggled. "Great, and to answer Billy's question, yes, Rover is striving. Misses his owner though." 

Billy's face lit up, as he smiled sheepishly. The music was playing in the background of the walkie talkie, and Robin's eyes narrowed. "Hermosa, what are you listening to?" 

"Beach boys, when do I ever change it?" 

"Fair. Can you still hear us?" 

"Robin, if I couldn't hear you, would I be responding to you?" 

I laughed at that, and Robin rolled his eyes at me. "Fair point, hermosa" he said, and again, everybody gagged at the nicknames. "How do I help get you out of there?" Carly asked, and Robin smiled. 

"What is uncle Albert's house number?" 

"I'll go check!" 

A few minutes later Carly came back on the line, seeming like she was reading something, maybe a note or script. "it's house 7741" she read, and Robin nodded in approval, staring at them. 

"Robin why do you ask?" Carly questioned, and Robin sighed again. "I can't tell you" 

"Obviously you can" 

"you'll freak out" 

"I'm talking to my boyfriend who went missing two weeks ago and everybody is considering to be dead, deceased! I can promise there is no more of that in our future" 

"I know, I know, wait! They think I'm dead?"

"uhm yeah! Back on topic, please?' 

"It's a secret!" 

"One I should have to right to know" 

"Hermosa, I love you, but I will not hesitate to hang up on you" 

"Do it, I won't stop you" 

"Okay, I'll say it, in one condition." 

"And that is...?" 

"Promise not to freak out!" 

"I promise" 

"Okay, The Grabber yesterday said something weird. You are staying at your uncles.." 

"and?" 

"The Grabber has his niece upstairs" 

________________________________________________________________________________