Chap. 5

TUESDAY, JUNE 28TH, 1978

CARLY'S POV: 

I hate him. I wish he wasn't here. Why must he come here? Out of all people, it had to be him and his batsh*t crackhead a*s. He isn't even a father to me, more like a druggie brother. He doesn't act like a dad either, and doesn't try to know me until now, when I want nothing to do with him. 

I asked my mom about him, and according to her he asked to stay here, at our house, but she absolutely refused. Go her, I would refuse too. If you truly met my dad, you would know why. Uncle Albert is weird as f*ck, and a bit too charming. 

And, if that is not bad enough, he has to be looking for my boyfriend! Acting like he f*cking cares and sh*t. But no, he doesn't care, he couldn't give less of a damn about Robin, now he's acting like he gives a sh*t about the dude? Because people only care when you are missing or dead. I've learned that the hard way. 

I mean, maybe I could use it to my advantage? I suppose I could go and check his charts and sh*t, he seems to know a lot about this case according to my mom. My mom, and Robin of course, are the best things in my life, and nothing will change that. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Friday night, 

I'm sleeping over at uncle Albert's. 

___________________

MEANWHILE: 

Your pov: 

"y/n? What were you saying yesterday? Billy asked, his eyes looking in mine. "I want to escape, and I want you boys to help me" I shuddered, as all the boys perked up like dogs when they get their food. 

"Absolutely" 

"been waiting for this day forever" 

"man,  never thought the day would come" 

"I'm in!" 

"What could go wrong?" 

"Great!" I smiled, high fiving every boy as I made my way around the room. "How do we plan this?" I asked, and I noticed a squeaky voice that spoke up. 

"I can" Griffin spoke, his eyes dazing into mine, like a foggy wave of mist. "I used to be an escape artist, before I went missing of course" he smiled, his height taking away from the intimidation he attempted to hold right now, at this very moment. 

"Okay, well what's your idea?" I questioned, and he sighed. "I don't have one....yet" he said, and we all stared at him. "Well how the f*ck do you get one!" Vance shouted, as Griffin rolled his eyes. "Well, you have to study your surroundings and possible outcomes" 

"huh?" 

"The rules and scenarios dipsh*t" Griffin rolled his eyes, before proceeding. "Give me a bit, I'll get it, I'll make one, I promise" he said, looking down at the floor now. "Well start looking!" Robin gestured, as Griffin nodded. 

"Okay" 

Robin looked at me, his eyes narrowed in anger. "Y/N?" he asked, and I looked back at him. "Yes?" I asked, and he had put back on his blue bandanna. "I want to kill this hijo de puta" Robin clarified, and I nodded as well. 

"So do I man, so do I" I whispered, leaning my head back against the wall, careful not to hit it. The wall was hard, but comfortable. Griffin was still checking out the room, analyzing his subjects, but all I could think about was one person. 

The only person I ever think about nowadays, it is honestly unfathomable and may be an obsession. He's all I care about, all I feel, and God, I love him more than anything and everything. 

Finney Blake. 

________________________________________________________________________________