Gabrielle Ricci

Gabrielle's pov

"Get lost little brat!" This mean man yelled at me. I only wanted a cookie. I frown and slowly walk to the alley, to my little bed that I made, and rest.

I lay my head on my old backpack that mom gave me before she left. She told me that if I ever lose this, then there's no way she can find me.

I still haven't it, and she hasn't come yet. I have a feeling that she won't. She never really likes me anyways.

"Mama, if you can hear me...please come get me" I sigh and closed my eyes. As soon as I did, I felt some water fall on my face.

I open my eyes and see that's it raining. Great. I grab my backpack and put it on my head. "I'm going to get sick" I started to cry. I don't like getting wet. It messes up my hair.

I sit there, waiting for the rain to finish. It doesn't look like it will end soon. Great.

Elizabeth's pov

"See you tomorrow" I wave to my friends who are hoping in their cars. "Are you sure you want to walk, Liz? I don't want you to get sick" my best friend, Scarlett, asked me.

"No. I'm okay" she gives me this look. "Don't get sick" she gives me a side hug. "I'd love too so that I can skip Evans stupid party" she laughs as she lets me go.

"Love you. Text me when you get home" I nod. I pull out my umbrella and start walking. Thank god that my house isn't far.

I live kinda downtown New York, in an apartment for now. It's only me so I don't need a bigger house. Not yet at least.

I'm walking down the street, minding my own business, until I heard some faint sniffles. I turn my head into an alley and see a little figure that's hiding from the rain.

Okay lizzie. This is an alley. I could die here but I hear someone crying. "Just do it" I whisper to myself.

I take a deep breath and walk towards the noise. "Hello?" I shout out. The sniffling stops. "Y-yeah?" I hear a title girls voice.

I turn the small corner and see her with a backpack over her head, protecting her beautiful curly hair.

"What are you doing here?" I crouch down next to her. "Hiding from the rain" she mumbles. "Where are your parents?" She shrugs.

She keeps sniffling. "You're going to get sick if you stay here" she tells me. "That doesn't matter. I'm not leaving until you tell me where I can bring you to" she sighs.

"I don't have anywhere to go. This is my home" she points around her. She has a cardboard box for her bed and that's it. I guess the rats that are in the corner too.

"Do you want to come with me?" I ask her. She looks at me for a while then finally nods her head. I stand up and went to grab her hand but she moved it away.

"I don't like people touching me" she mumbles. "Okay. Do you need help with your backpack?" I offer. "No" is guessing she likes to do things on her own.

"Do you live on the streets too?" She ask after a few seconds of walking. "No. I live in an apartment" she tilts her head up to me.

"What's that?" "It's a small house. We can see the whole city from the room" she simply nods. We walk down the block and turn to the right.

"This is it" we approach the building but the girl stops behind me. I turn around to see what was the problem.

"I can't come in" she looks down. "Why not?" "Because my shoes are dirty and it's a red carpet" I then around to see that the carpet isn't even that clean.

"It's okay. Do you want to take your shoes off and I'll carry you?" I offer. She thinks about it for a while then decides that it's a good idea.

She takes her shoes off and picks them up in her hand. She then dies grabby hands so I pick her up. She's a little stiff but soon loosens up.

"Good evening, Ms. Olsen" Roberto greets me at the door like always. "Hello Roberto. How are you?" I ask politely. "I'm good thank you. Who's this little one?"

"Well I found her and she needs help" he simply nods and opens the door for me. "Thank you" he nods and smiles.

I walk to the elevator and enter. I pressed the top floor and wait. I felt the girls grip tighten around my neck when we entered but it soon loosened up when we got out.

I set her on the floor and she looks around. "Pretty" she points to the massive window. "Yeah. The sky is pretty isn't it" she nods and runs off but stops half way and walks back to me.

"What's wrong?" "My clothes are dirty" she mumbles. "That's okay. Let's go get you some clothes and get you into a nice hot bath. How does that sound?" She smiles and walks to the room Rose stays in when she visits.

I grab some of her clothes and bring it to the bathroom. I start the bath while the girl silently stays by the door in silent. "Okay it should be good now" I test the water just to make sure.

"Can you take your clothes off?" She shakes her head and points to the door. "You want me to leave?" She nods. "Okay. Yell if you need anything" she nods and closes the door.

I walk to the kitchen and dial CPS. We talked about the situation and they told me that if she could stay for a while until they find a foster home.

I told them that it was okay and I also asked if I could foster her too. They said that they would see that they could do for me.

"Lady question, what's her name?" She lady asked. "Um I don't know. I'll go ask her" she hums in response.

I walk to the bathroom and knock on the door. "Yes?" "Can I come in?" I heard movement in the water. "Yeah" I open the door and see a bunch of bubbles everywhere.

"Sorry" I laugh at the situation in front of me. There's bubbles everywhere and I mean it. Everywhere you look there bubbles.

"It's okay, honey. I came here to ask you what your name was" she nods and moves bubbles around in the water.

"Gabrielle. Gabrielle Ricci"