New beginnings

Gabrielle's pov

"She should be here any minute now" Ashley announced. Mom is supposed to pick me up to bring me home. I really don't want to go with her so I'm really praying to any god that she won't show up.

I look at the clock and she should be here in a minute now. I look out the window trying to find her. Don't see her anywhere.

I don't know for how long I zoned out for but someone shakes me. I look up and see Ashley giving me a sad look. "We went to check up on your mom and she's not doing well" I don't care if she's doing okay. I want to go back home with Lizzie.

"So, what am I supposed to do now?" I ask her. "You have two options. I already know which one you're going to pick but I'll still tell you" I nod as she sits down next to me.

I also like Ashley. She's nice. "So you can either go back into the system and someone would adopt you or...we call Elizabeth to come and get you and you get to stay there forever" I pause for a second.

Did she say that right? "So you're saying I can go live with Lizzie? Wait, so I can be her daughter?" She laughs. "Yes and yes" I jump up and down in my seat.

"Call Lizzie!" She laughs and pulls her phone out. "Hello, is this Elizabeth Olsen?...Yes. Do you have a moment?...So there has been an issue and-no no no, she's okay. Can you come up here for a second?" Ashley smiles at me then hangs up.

"She will be here in 10 minutes. Let's make you look pretty" she grabs my hand and we run to the girls bathroom. She picks me up and sets me on the counter.

"Let's put a little makeup on then change your outfit into a nice dress that Lizzie bought you" I nod and let her do her stuff. I watched her put makeup on me. "This is called blush. It's for your cheeks. Like this" she shows me and I nod.

Elizabeth's pov

"Drive faster!" I shout. "I can't, there's a cop behind us!" Scarlett yells back at me. I sigh and look out the window. I'm nervous as to why Ashley called me in. She told me that everything was okay with Gabrielle which is good.

So does that mean her mom came and picked her up? I hope not. I hate her. She probably is there with her and maybe Gabrielle wanted to say goodbye to me. "Just please hurry" she nods and takes my hand and rubs circles on it. That calms me instantly.

"We're here" I don't wait a second. I jump out the car and shut the door. I run inside and look around for Ashley.

"She's over there" Scarlett tells me. She leads me to where she is. Ashley is sitting on a couch with Gabrielle. Gabi looks so pretty. She's even wearing the dress I bought her. Her hair is all nice and pretty.

We approach them and they look up. Gabi looks like she's about to have a sugar rush. "I'm glad you could make it" Ash stands up and hugs us both.

"What's going on?" I ask. "Can I tell her?!" Gabi jumps from her seat and shakes Ashley. "Okay, okay. Give her this too" Gabi nods and takes the paper from Ashley's hand and hands it over to me.

I open the letter and read it.

Gabrielle's pov

I watch her every move while she reads the letter. It's a letter asking if she could adopt me and stuff. That's what Ashley told me. "Gabrielle...I'd love to adopt you!" she finally says.

"Yeah!" I jump in her arms as the others laugh. "We'll give you some time" Ashley speaks and walks away with this lady that apparently was here this whole time.

I don't know who she is but I think she's friends with Lizzie. She's pretty though. "I'm so happy, I'm gonna die" she laughs at that.

"Can we go home now!" I ask her as she tries to calm me down a little. I'm kind of hyper. "Wait. Is that makeup on your face?" she asks me.

I laugh nervously and look away. "Ashley put it on, not me. So don't get mad at me please" she inspects my face. I think she hates it.

"Okay but you don't need to wear it. You're beautiful just like this" I smile. She leans down and kisses my head in a loving way. Just like a mother would.

"Okay. I'm going to have to sign these papers then we can go home" I nod and take her hand. "I'm happy to go home. A real home" I give her a side hug as we keep walking to where Ashley and the other lady is.

"You know you're going to have to let me go so that I can sign the papers?" I shake my head and hold on to her tighter.

"If I let go, how would I know you won't leave me like mom did?" she stops and bends down at me. "Trust me, I would never leave you. I can promise you that. Now come on, I want to bring you home".

Elizabeth's pov

"Gabrielle Ricci, let's go home" I take my daughters hand and we walk outside to the car. "Can I change my last name to Olsen?" I look down and smile. "Of course you can!" "and who is that exactly?" I look over to where she's pointing to.

"Oh, that's Scarlett Johansson. My bestfriend since day one" "your bestfriend or girlfriend?" I look down once more to see her wiggling her eyebrows.

"I may only be eight but I'm not blind" I laugh as I open the door for her. "After you" "thank you" she giggles and puts her seatbelt on.

"So, you didn't answer my question" I hear right as I sit down in the car. Scarlett looks at me waiting for the answer. "Um-we-well you see..." I started off but I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"She isn't my girlfriend...yet" she mumbles that last part so only I could hear it. "Well, you guys would make a good couple" I smile as I drive off.

This girl is going to change my life in a good way.