chapter 16 - sei bella

I stare up at the ceiling with the sound of rain outside

I stare up at the ceiling with the sound of rain outside. sometimes it's just peaceful to lie and listen to the rain and take it in.

It's calming.

I've been awake for a while just lying here.

I know willow is awake because she isn't in her bed and I can hear noise downstairs.

I don't know what I'm going to tell her. she's probably so confused about all of this but it's hard to tell people. anyone.

the only people that do know is just my friends because they were there when she actually died and when everything in my life got flipped upside down.

it's not like I can do much about the situation. like dad said 'she's dead and there's nothing you can do about it.'

It's real life. and it hurts.

he's said stuff like that before but everything with her room, this time I just flipped because normally I ignore the comments he makes but this time I honestly couldn't.

her room is the only reminder we have left of her. all her toys, all her clothes, her teddies. it's everything that was her's.

It shouldn't have been touched because even though she isn't with us anymore it's disrespectful to touch it.

deciding I've been lying here doing nothing for ages i get up from the air mattress and make the bed so the duvet and blankets are all folded and neat on the bed.

I use the toothbrush she gave me to use and wash my face before going downstairs.

I walk down the stairs and she's in the kitchen dancing to this random spanish song while flipping pancakes.

this girl.

I try to hide my smile as I clear my throat which gets her attention.

she turns around and her eyes go wide.

I don't think she realised I was there.

her eyes travel to my chest and then I realise I forgot to put a t shirt on.

she goes red and turns back around to cook the pancakes but turns the music down.

I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable. I didn't actually think when I came down with no shirt on, I guess it's just a habit.

I quickly go to grab something to put on and get my phone that was charging upstairs as well.

I join her downstairs again and she's plating up the pancakes.

"good morning" she says looking back at me, giving me one of her beautiful smiles.