chapter 22 - brutal grandma 2.0

I feel my stomach lighter, like all of a sudden

what's going on? I literally feel like I've lost loads of weight in the matter of seconds.

I wipe my eyes and stretch my eyes as I attempt to sit up but then fall straight back down to where I was sleeping.

"good morning" I hear someone's voice get closer to me, I wipe my eyes once more and actually sit up this time to see who it is and it's Reece.

"oh hi" my groggy voice speaks.

most people's voices when they wake up sound so attractive but I never get that.

when I wake up I literally sound like a dying cat that's being strangled and it takes me at least 30 minutes for the strangled cat to go.

although I can tell Reece has been up quite a while because he doesn't have that morning voice and he's dressed.

"I slept well last night" he teases falling beside me on the sofa and leaning his head back to the back of the sofa his fluffy hair just falling onto his forehead.

"ha I bet you bloody did you was suffocating my stomach" I tease back to which he just smirks.

"well it was comfortable" he gets up from the sofa looking over at me.

"come on I made you breakfast" he offers his hand so I can pull myself off the sofa.

I smile and take his hand to pull myself up.

I stand up and we head to the kitchen and let go of his hand because of the heat that's recently rised to my cheeks.

"it's my first day today, well later, some days it's like a half a day and some days it's a full day I think it just varies" I tell him to which he swivels his head round to me quickly.

"no way really, you never said" he speaks smiling.

"yep and I was um wondering if you could take over the libary for me today. It's just they didn't let me know they needed me until yesterday and some days I won't actually have to go in because some of the work I can do at home but-" I babble randomly at him.

"hey it's fine, I'm not working today as I'm working tomorrow night so it's no problem. let me know how it goes though okay" he says to me as we both sit down on the chairs in Quinn's kitchen.

I smile and look down just being happy to how much he cares.

"where's the others by the way?" I ask him as I realise it's just us sat in the kitchen and none of the others.

"well Sophie had to go home because of family issues I think she said and everyone's gone out for breakfast" he said smiling as he takes a bite out of his food.