chapter 17 - lightening

am I just going to Sophie's house to see her dog?

yes. yes I am.

she was FaceTiming me with him and he's literally the most adorable thing ever so she let me come see him.

I'm pretty sure she mentioned quinn being there so I'll be able to see her.

I haven't seen Quinn much lately because she's been with her family, that's what Sophie told me.

I know that the others won't be there because Reece mentioned to be earlier that he's at work and Felix is coming back from the trip he was on.

and I'm not sure what Eli is doing.

I also don't have much to do today, I might go see Elsie because I haven't spoke to her recently and I'm missing her rants on random things.

I do always want to make an effort for her because I know she hasn't got many people around her and even though she's sure she never gets lonely, I want to be there for her.

I know she's still stuggling, even if the death of her husband was years ago.

a death and memories of a loved one will never leave your heart.

even I know that because of my mum, and one of the things that helped me was the people around me.

no it wasn't many, it was like two people.

my dad and my brother. but they helped me realise that mum wouldn't want me to be upset over her death. she'd want me to move on and make the most of my life, because it's short.

that saying is cliche but so true at the same time.

talking about my brother and my dad they aren't going to be home tonight.

liam is at a party tonight and is staying the night and my dad is at work.

Liam said he wouldn't go to the party because he knew how I was about staying home by myself on the night but I insisted for him to go because he needs to live his life, not look after his little sister because she doesn't like being alone at night.

I don't know what it is about it but i just hate it.

and the dark. the idea of not being able to see anything, anything or anyone could be out there and you wouldn't know about it.

I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous but this fear has been around for a long time.

normally I would be with my mum when my dad and brother are both doing things but obviously that can't happen anymore.

so it's the first time in a while.

spiders are very scary but being alone at night. is something else.

✩ ✩ ✩

I'm greeted by being knocked down by a strong force and slobber all over my face.