chapter 27 - feelings

I feel a hand stroke up and down my exposed arm that's not inside the duvet

I feel a hand stroke up and down my exposed arm that's not inside the duvet. it tickled but it's soothing.

that hand then comes up to my face, brushing the hair that had fallen over my face behind my ears and then proceeds to smooth my hair down trailing from the top of my hair to the bottom.

it's comforting, feeling how gentle it is across my skin and hair.

I slowly open my eyes, quickly squinting after the bright light from the sun outside hits my eyes.

I rub my eyes with my hands so I can get used to my light, I open my eyes fully to see Reece lying their facing towards me.

his hand is now placed on my side stroking up and down gently, while his other hand is again moving the hair out of my face because it fell infront of my eyes again.

he has a warm smile on his face, the sun is glowing on his skin so he looks even more beautiful. the light is making his blue eyes shine even more and it makes his features become so much clearer.

he looks like he hasn't woke up long ago because of the yawn that just escaped him and also because of his eyes.

memories of last night fill my head, which immediately brings a smile to my face too.

just everything about last night was nice. I like that he opened up to me a little bit more, showing the more vunerable side of him that he's scared of showing but did for me. although I was confused to what he meant by 'everyone leaves.' by that I'm guessing people he loved has left him making it hard for him to let people in again.

"good morning" I finally speak, making him pull me closer into his side, my head gently laying on his chest.

"morning" he speaks in a content but quiet tone. his hand and arm gently laying across my stomach now, stroking side by side.

"I didn't expect this to happen like this" I tell him, looking up from where I'm lying on his chest meeting his eyes.

"me neither, I'm glad it did though" his calming voice that could send me to sleep speaks again.

"i've felt like that about you for ages" he confesses to me, which I was not expecting. until last night I just thought he liked me as a friend way, but I was obviously wrong.

"you have?" I look up at him once again and he meets my eyes and nods gently.

"this could sound cheesy but I think about you loads, your smile. your beautiful eyes. the way you can talk to me about anything for ages. your love for sid. your kindness to others and how selfless you are. the way you talk about books. the fact you would do anything to ensure people have a smile on their faces. that little bit of sass you have and that your not afraid to show it. everything. I love all of that about you" he tells me looking up at the ceiling as he lists everything he just said.